Jeff
...is still fun

giphy.gif

95SC

4 cams
TCG Sponsor
Sep 10, 2006
TN
If the other cars really make the power they claim, that TT coyote is one bad mofo. That Mustang weighs a lot more than those Vettes. Plus it had 3 people in the Mustang.
Coyote motors with boost are no joke .its pretty crazy what these small cube 4V Coyote engines do to big cube pushrod engines .TT vette has a fully built 440ci motor with aftermarket heads and cam . Mustang has a built 5.0 short block with stock heads and cams. I see a lot of vette vs Coyote videos lately in TX and FL . I don't know what the issue is with Camaros but looks like they are in a different league lately

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
Coyote motors with boost are no joke .its pretty crazy what these small cube 4V Coyote engines do to big cube pushrod engines .TT vette has a fully built 440ci motor with aftermarket heads and cam . Mustang has a built 5.0 short block with stock heads and cams. I see a lot of vette vs Coyote videos lately in TX and FL . I don't know what the issue is with Camaros but looks like they are in a different league lately

The coyote head flows a lot of air. They have decent size cams in them as well. People don't understand that. They see boost numbers which are nothing but back pressure reading in the intake manifold. 10# in a 1st gen coyote isn't even the same as 10# in a 3rd gen coyote. The amount of air moving through the 3rd gen motor is crazy. And these newer blowers are more efficient as well. So when it is making 15# of boost it is moving enough airflow to make 900-1000 hp, or whatever they are making at that level.

Imagine if Ford had spent the extra money in tooling to increase the bore spacing when they did the Coyote. We could have seen a 5.4L from the factory. Imagine what could have been done with those extra cubes.

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
The owner comes into my work occasionally to grab parts for project cars. I was talking to him about that just the other day. He said Jim is already playing with the HP software and tuning on the dyno. He said they already have a Hellion kit for the car as well. So they plan to jump into that market for sure. I mean why not, blower/turbo installs and tuning is right up their alley. Even if they just do 2011+ Mustangs and Coyote F150. That should bring them a good clip of business. Plus other basic install stuff and n/a tuning. I can't see a downside for them.

They have also been tuning hellcats. So they are branching out from LS stuff already.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info