Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (specify)

Votes: 2 5.7%

• Total voters

Knowklew

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 5, 2014
So I do a shit load of research before I make automotive purchases and that carries through even for my daily driver. With that said, I am starting the learning process for my next daily which will be a full size pickup.

The question/thread relates to the all too familiar Chevy vs Ford vs Dodge vs Toyota vs Nissan. So tell me why one is better than the rest.

Must be less than 3 years old
Must be under 30K miles
Must be full size
Must be Crew Cab
Must have 4x4
Budget will be 40ish

I have been looking at the following
6.2L Silverado/Sierra
Toyota Tundra
Ford F150 (Ecoboost and V8)

Knowklew

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 5, 2014
How are you using it? As a daily driver? As a tow rig? Payload? Off-road?

So I do a shit load of research before I make automotive purchases and that carries through even for my daily driver. With that said, I am starting the learning process for my next daily which will be a full size pickup.

Again, this is for my next daily as I stated in the first post.

SleeperLS

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 19, 2008
West of the Mississippi
I will most likely always own a Tundra. If you aren't maxing out towing capacity and don't care too much about truck bed space, the crew max in the tundra is unbeatable as far as back seat space goes. The truck is still rated to tow over 10k. I am 6'2'' and can stretch my legs forward in the back seat. I have a double cab and that can seat 5 big dudes relatively comfortably.

The motor, trans, and suspension have all performed excellent. IMO they are quieter inside than other offerings I test drove. Also, more of a comfortable ride. I have a 2010 with 111k on it and it is still solid. If you want to tune and modify the truck, there isn't a good aftermarket for the Tundra. The PCM is locked down tight. The 4x4 system works fantastic as well. The quality of the vehicle has been more than I can ask.

Gav'sPurpleZ

If you fail to plan, you're planning to fail
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
Mar 3, 2008
Pingree Grove IL
I voted "other"
2016 GMC Sierra 5.3L + 8 speed automatic here.

The only repair needed was last April, brake booster vacuum pump. Turns out GM is sending out recall noticed for this. One other airbag module reprogramming recall.

Other than that, the truck has been GREAT. Summer time even with the vented seats on and A/C blasting I can average close to 23-24 mpgs daily. This would be a 30 mile drive to and from work taking Rt 20 / Lake St to 390 and/or 90E from 47 to Arlington Hts Rd.

I chose the Crew cab because I like the way it looks plus, if I go somewhere with my parents, I drive, so everyone fits comfortably.
I do not use my truck like a truck. I like the idea that if I need it, it's there. the bed is there as well as the tow package.
I do not want to rent a truck or ask someone for help....then be on their schedule.

Any reason why you were gravitating to the 6.2 ? Just wanting more power ?

KBB trade in value for my truck is 35k or so, Private Party is closer to 38k-39k

So a well equipped SLT should fall into your budget. Denalis ( 6.2 ) would likely be over 40k.

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK
I voted "other"
2016 GMC Sierra 5.3L + 8 speed automatic here.

The only repair needed was last April, brake booster vacuum pump. Turns out GM is sending out recall noticed for this. One other airbag module reprogramming recall.

Other than that, the truck has been GREAT. Summer time even with the vented seats on and A/C blasting I can average close to 23-24 mpgs daily. This would be a 30 mile drive to and from work taking Rt 20 / Lake St to 390 and/or 90E from 47 to Arlington Hts Rd.

I chose the Crew cab because I like the way it looks plus, if I go somewhere with my parents, I drive, so everyone fits comfortably.
I do not use my truck like a truck. I like the idea that if I need it, it's there. the bed is there as well as the tow package.
I do not want to rent a truck or ask someone for help....then be on their schedule.

Any reason why you were gravitating to the 6.2 ? Just wanting more power ?

KBB trade in value for my truck is 35k or so, Private Party is closer to 38k-39k

So a well equipped SLT should fall into your budget. Denalis ( 6.2 ) would likely be over 40k.
The 6.2 8 speed truck is like a second faster in the 1/4 mile than the 5.3. 70hp is fairly significant with not a huge mpg hit. Just a big wallet hit

Gav'sPurpleZ

If you fail to plan, you're planning to fail
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
Mar 3, 2008
Pingree Grove IL
The 6.2 8 speed truck is like a second faster in the 1/4 mile than the 5.3. 70hp is fairly significant with not a huge mpg hit. Just a big wallet hit

I thought I was the only one who took their truck on AT tires to the drag strip ?

That being said, 2019 6.2 + 10 speed is where its at if you want speed.

After all, this is a truck........

Didn't Chester copper nuts only get like 12mpgs in his 2500 ?

Knowklew

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 5, 2014
I used to have a 2012 Silverado CCSB with the 6.2 and max trailering package. It was tuned and fucking ripped for what it was. I towed sleds through blizzards with no issues ever.

I want the power as I have an addiction, contemplating a supercharger as well.

I drive 8 miles one way to work, so mileage is not a concern. I will likely level out the truck with 33s.

Thread Info