Polar Vortex Vs Diesel Trucks

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
I don’t know much on the subject but several years ago when it was -15 or whatever I was talking to some of the truck drivers at work and they said they would throw some kerosene in the tank, this was probably on older trucks I didn’t pay attention to what they were driving

rdsnake

formerly RD SNAKE
Mar 5, 2006
Additives will be key. We see it all the time with the semis. Grabs fuel in Houston, drives to Iowa and parks. Next morning it’s towed to the dealer all gummed up because the driver never added anything to the tanks or made preparations.

Thats kind of a different situation. Summer blend fuel was in Houston while Iowa was using winter blend. Around here it will all be winter blend fuel.

MrMezger996

Formerly CobraSki
TCG Premium
Jun 12, 2015
Hoffman Estates
IMG_3838.jpg

Not taking any chances

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
TCG Premium
Nov 20, 2008
NWI
Top off whenever you can. Don't sit with less than 3/4 of a tank. That's when condensation forms in the space in the tank and then water drops into fuel helping the crystallization which is what starts to cloud your truck cause the waxes start to glob and clog shit up and yea

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
TCG Premium
Nov 20, 2008
NWI
What we've sold for 40 years is stanadyne formula. You can run 2 of their products currently. The blue bottle which is performance formula, I think it drops freeze point about 15 points and then also use the green bottle the winter 1000, that's good for like another 20 points.

So factor in the fuel at the pump is good to about 10*. Not with both stanadyne you're good til like -25. It's all relative to your base fuel from your station though.

You can get stanadyne now at autozone. Unfortunately.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.