Dodge Charger Scat Pack

01Cobra

Johnny Cobra
May 3, 2006
Fun car. Budget in ATL hands them out as rentals and I usually get one. Traction sucks unless it’s a warm sunny day. The tip in is super aggressive. Interior materials are low rent. Get past that and it’s a damn good looking car that will make you grin everytime you smash the gas pedal. Sure hellcat but this is a pretty well sorted out n/a V8.

99PONTIACGP

TCG Elite Member
Oct 3, 2008
Chicago
Real Name
Mike
upgrade your Cherokee to a GC SRT :dunno:

only thing I can really contribute is that the 392 hemi is a badass motor. IMO better than a GM LS3 or LT1 stock for stock. Oh and try to get one of the 8 speed models if you want the Auto
Unhappy with Jeep interior size. It's pretty tight with a car seat added. I won't be sticking with Jeep most likely.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
Talk me INTO or OUT OF getting one.

I've seen them as cheap as $36k. I have heard brake jobs being as much as $2500 through the dealer tho. Are there anymore expensive maintenence the car requires?

I came very close to buying one when I traded Mustangs (Hardtop to my loaded
Vert), but it was when they first came out and dealers weren’t really budging on pricing new at the time.

Pros:
-The interior is leaps and bounds better than the previous generation, and the interior was not dissimilar quality wise from my 2013 Mustang (lower rent, but not total garbage)

-Uconnect is very smooth and a very nice interface coming from a domestic manufacturer.

-Driveline feels stout and is well proven at this point, Torque everywhere.

My main greivences were all promarily visibility and ergonomics:
-felt like sitting in a bathtub
-no idea where the sides of the car really were (felt 2 lanes wide)
-the rear seat access is horrid despite being larger than the Mustang.
-door handle is in an awkward position inside the car

Any other Pro/Con in my opinion just comes with the territory of owning a lower cost‘sporty/muscle’ car. (Bad MPGs, tire cost/wear, insurance, material quality issues)

On a side note; 2019 Mustangs with the A10 are wicked fast, higher quality, and can be had for some really good deals finally (I’ve seen 4-5k discounts finally since 18 was the latest re-design)

The Scats May Eek out a current Mustang GT in raw numbers, but now even the base Mustang GT is significantly faster while being leaps and bounds more sophisticated at this point.

Jeffs FRC

TCG Elite Member
Aug 10, 2006
Lakemoor, IL
If you need a car with space for the family, a Scat Pack is perfect! I loved mine for the short time I owned it, but ultimately traded it for an Explorer to pull family duty. Dodge usually has some good deals, I got mine for a little over 11k off sticker.

I found the interior perfectly acceptable and the optional seats are awesome. Interior is certainly leaps and bounds better than an S197 Mustang mentioned above. The two cars interiors aren’t even in the same league...lol

Gav'sPurpleZ

If you fail to plan, you're planning to fail
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
Mar 3, 2008
Pingree Grove IL
I definitely want 4 doors. When my lease is up with the Cherokee we're planning to get a Durango. One concern I had was winter and snow but since I work overnight I could take the wife's SUV.

I was even considering buying a charger rather than leasing it.

#snow tires bruh

and git R Dun

SaturdaysGS

TCG Elite Member
Jul 15, 2007
Chicago (Southside)
If you need a car with space for the family, a Scat Pack is perfect! I loved mine for the short time I owned it, but ultimately traded it for an Explorer to pull family duty. Dodge usually has some good deals, I got mine for a little over 11k off sticker.

I found the interior perfectly acceptable and the optional seats are awesome. Interior is certainly leaps and bounds better than an S197 Mustang mentioned above. The two cars interiors aren’t even in the same league...lol

What was sticker?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info