Morimoto LED's installed - '18 f150

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
I tinted the windshield on my truck like a week after I bought it, and the crappy halogen lights were so bad with the tinted windshield that i had to make a change. The only LED conversion options are stock LED's, with a lot of wiring work, or these morimoto's that just came out. Soooo I pulled the trigger on these during retrofitsource's 25% off black friday sale.

1. Taking the whole grill and upper bumper trim off is a pain in the dick, especially loosening the moldings around the wheel well without messing anything up. If I'd have known that I would have ordered that plastic tool designed for popping body panel pins off without messing up paint
2. '18 F150 lights are HUGE, from what I read they're actually bigger than the '17 and earlier superduty lights. I posted a pic of one next to my generator for reference
3. LED's are the shit

[MENTION=7923]CTC DEEZUL[/MENTION] I did this without so much as a youtube video due to these lights being so new...so the truck will probably burn down in the driveway tonight

It's really hard to get a pic with an iphone camera at night, you can't really see the detail in the LED outline, so i'll take one in the daytime tomorrow. I posted the IG vid of them for reference

epFfnZw.jpg

fUul1Nl.jpg

9PlfAtc.jpg

Low beam
bl3MWWq.jpg

High beam
LdcGK4X.jpg

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bp9eZyPl2IK/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
Does your right side headlamp fit flush against your fender? I’m seeing a lot of the 2018 guys having fitment issues on the right side.

There might be a little more of a gap, few mm only. But I did have to push much harder on the right side before tightening it down to close the gap. I didn’t pay attention to what it looked like stock

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info