Screenshot_20181109-211324.jpeg

Screenshot_20181109-211135.jpeg

Screenshot_20181109-211216.jpeg

syP

Not Banned
May 24, 2007
Downers Grove, Illinois
God damn. So fucking tempting.

The constant haldex issues were a major turn off with my s3....
[MENTION=5]Mook[/MENTION] Any word if the Haldex in the rs3 is in fact different? When I “left” the community it was my understanding that only the trans was different as a 7spd

(Or maybe I just needed a TCU tune... damn warranty)

Bruce Jibboo

TCG Elite Member
Apr 18, 2008
Elgin

[MENTION=5]Mook[/MENTION] Any word if the Haldex in the rs3 is in fact different? When I “left” the community it was my understanding that only the trans was different as a 7spd

Hoffman Audi will apply APR tunes and fully warranty if you let them apply it :noes: #divebackin

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
No clue. I honestly don't follow the platform very much.

syP

Not Banned
May 24, 2007
Downers Grove, Illinois
Hoffman Audi will apply APR tunes and fully warranty if you let them apply it :noes: #divebackin

I really just dont trust when AUDI wont cover something, but a private DEALER will....

whats to stop them from saying "oh, your engine blew? We (the private dealer) arent covering the $10,000 bill"

Audi USA will definitely say the warranty is voided. Then im SOL

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
If you blow your engine with a tune, I would not expect a dealer to cover anything :dunno:

So far, Crystal Lake VW has been great about covering the car whenever I go (which thankfully hasnt been for anything motor or trans related). They've basically stated they'll try and push any work through regardless of the tune...but if its glaringly obvious the tune (or parts) were responsible for engine / trans / turbo damage....I'm SOL...which I would expect.

syP

Not Banned
May 24, 2007
Downers Grove, Illinois

If you blow your engine with a tune, I would not expect a dealer to cover anything :dunno:

exactly my point.

they can easily go tell you to pound sand.

Sure maybe the will cover a $300-400 something or other that breaks....

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
I'm confused then...what point are you trying to make?

Dealers that offer APR / Unitronic / etc tunes also include warranties with them...but most of the time they only offer stage 1...which 99% of the time wont do enough to break anything.

I dont know that VW / Audi USA approves of this but lots of dealers offer tuning options so VW / Audi must be at least somewhat ok with it.

You were a service writer...you'd know better than me.

DanJ

>
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 25, 2007
Aurora
My understanding is that the dealership will push through warranty work for customers. Once it hits a certain dollar amount VAG sends someone out, or requires a scan to be submitted. If it detects aftermarket software or the something is fucky with the flash count then you are SOL. The APR plus tunes that dealers are pushing now are watered down versions of their tunes, and the warranty is third party so it’s not that great of a deal.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info