CTS V or Lexus GS F for DD?

dom418

Regular
Dec 2, 2008
Hey guys I’m looking to buy a slightly used 2017 CTS V or Lexus GS F

I am in my car a lot driving 25,000 miles per year, understand either of these would not be bought to save on gas.

I love the interior of the Lexus where the Cadillac has too many shiny black plastic pieces.

Looks wise I think both are close.

How’s the reliability of the Cadillac? Keep in mind I’m only going to own the car a couple of years.

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
The GS won’t feel fast unless you wring it the fuck out. The V has effortless power everywhere. The V’s suspension also has a larger damping spread with a bigger gap between comfort and race. Both media control interfaces are shit but the V has CarPlay and Android Auto as a bandage. Couldn’t tell you about reliability but I’d bet it’s not as good as Lexus.

crooks

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Sep 30, 2012
Elgin IL
If you're only going to keep it a couple years why even worry about reliability? Should be under warranty.

I'd go V all day between those two.

Why do people say this? Even if its under warranty who has time or wants to take their vehicle to the dealer to get worked on?

Ford really pissed me off when they had my truck for 3 weeks and put me in a zero optioned Transit shit box.

Jeffs FRC

TCG Elite Member
Aug 10, 2006
Lakemoor, IL
Why do people say this? Even if its under warranty who has time or wants to take their vehicle to the dealer to get worked on?

Ford really pissed me off when they had my truck for 3 weeks and put me in a zero optioned Transit shit box.

I guess I've never been bit hard by a warranty issue, sorry man! I've had to take vehicles in before for small issues and have always got a loaner that was nice and it wasn't that big a deal. That's my reasoning...

If he goes the Lexus route, it's almost a dream to bring your vehicle in for warranty work. They treat their customers like gold! lol

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville
If you are driving 25K miles a year, are you sure you want a V or GS? The depreciation for mileage is going to kill you, plus consumables like tires, brakes are much more expensive.

If you want a sports sedan, a better option might be a 1 or 2 year old 535 M Sport. You can find them certified around $30K and a simple JB4 will meet or exceed the GS F's acceleration.

Chet Donnelly

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 19, 2004
My coworker bought a GSF last year. Its actually a pretty sweet car and sounds surprisingly good. That said, it doesn't feel all that fast. So if you're looking for fast, I wouldn't consider the GSF. GSF interior is much better than the CTS V interior though IMO.

The Beast

TCG Elite Member
May 24, 2004
South beach
Real Name
Go Go
I guess I've never been bit hard by a warranty issue, sorry man! I've had to take vehicles in before for small issues and have always got a loaner that was nice and it wasn't that big a deal. That's my reasoning...

If he goes the Lexus route, it's almost a dream to bring your vehicle in for warranty work. They treat their customers like gold! lol

Caddi does the same thing

Jeffs FRC

TCG Elite Member
Aug 10, 2006
Lakemoor, IL
If you are driving 25K miles a year, are you sure you want a V or GS? The depreciation for mileage is going to kill you, plus consumables like tires, brakes are much more expensive.

If you want a sports sedan, a better option might be a 1 or 2 year old 535 M Sport. You can find them certified around $30K and a simple JB4 will put meet or exceed the GS F's acceleration.
Great suggestion and would save a ton of money.
Caddi does the same thing

I would hope so. The luxury brands seem to take extra care of their customers.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info