Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
1995 is the crossover year.

A number of cars came with partial OBD2 implementation that didn't work complete, and thus dubbed OBD 1.5.

Some were OBD1 PCM's but the connector under the dash was a OBD2.

It all depends on basically exactly which 1995 car you are buying.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
1995 Blazer is probably OBD1 PCM with an OBD2 connector. If the emissions sticker is still there that might point it out.

Also, its possible to jump the OBD2 connector when they have OBD1 PCMs to get them flashing just like regular OBD1 cars. But I don't know which pins.

kyesburrell

*It's Totally Kyle*
Mar 25, 2018
NW Burbs
I think youre safe.

https://www.dmv.org/il-illinois/smog-check.php

"Inspection Requirements
Your car is subject to mandatory smog checks if you live in one of the following counties*:

Cook
Dupage
Lake
Kane
Kendall
McHenry
Will
Madison
Monroe
St. Clair
*All zip codes in Cook, Dupage and Lake counties are required to have emission testing on their vehicles. Other counties have some zip codes excluded. As long as they're registered within the required Illinois emissions testing locations, the following vehicles must begin emissions testing after they are 4 model years old and undergo tests every 2 years:

Most gasoline-powered passenger vehicles model year 1996 and newer.
Heavy-duty trucks model year 2007 and newer.
Must weigh 8,501 lbs. to 14,000 lbs.
You will receive a test notice when it's time for your vehicle's emissions testing. You can also check your vehicle's status at the state's Title and Registration Status Inquiry."

I think youre safe.

https://www.dmv.org/il-illinois/smog-check.php

"Inspection Requirements

Your car is subject to mandatory smog checks if you live in one of the following counties*:

Cook

Dupage

Lake

Kane

Kendall

McHenry

Will

Madison

Monroe

St. Clair

*All zip codes in Cook, Dupage and Lake counties are required to have emission testing on their vehicles. Other counties have some zip codes excluded. As long as they're registered within the required Illinois emissions testing locations, the following vehicles must begin emissions testing after they are 4 model years old and undergo tests every 2 years:

Most gasoline-powered passenger vehicles model year 1996 and newer.

Heavy-duty trucks model year 2007 and newer.

Must weigh 8,501 lbs. to 14,000 lbs.

You will receive a test notice when it's time for your vehicle's emissions testing. You can also check your vehicle's status at the state's Title and Registration Status Inquiry."

Its funny because I live in Lake co and my brand new 2018 has to be tested but my 06 Ram 3500 does not because it’s a diesel. I’m running a full turbo back 5 inch cat delete and tune but they don’t test it. This state is so efficient!!

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
If it's RPO L35 with the CPI fuel injection system, it is OBDI

fl0112-120173_3@2x.jpg

With the infamous "spider" CPI;
s-l1000.jpg

If it is an L35 with SFI, it's OBDII.

10547-identifying-4-3l-vortec-csfiengine.jpg

JeffsLightning

TCG Elite Member
Mar 3, 2004
House of Power
1995 Blazer is probably OBD1 PCM with an OBD2 connector. If the emissions sticker is still there that might point it out.

Also, its possible to jump the OBD2 connector when they have OBD1 PCMs to get them flashing just like regular OBD1 cars. But I don't know which pins.
You were right as well as Lane. Obd2 plug but as the emissions sticker says obd1 certified

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info