You can have any car throughout history given to you but.......

SMRTSS1

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 12, 2010
Elgin
Any production car throughout history is given to you for free BUT you have to drive it everyday for the next 10-15 years regardless of weather, pay for maintenance, gas, full coverage insurance etc. Nothing else in your life changes other than the car “of your dreams” so you’ll have the same commute, same garage, same income.

Got kids or planning on them? 2 seater is out as are most 2 doors.
Live where it snows? That Lamborghini might not be the best idea.
Long commute? Bad mpg’s might not be that bad if the car is paid for but gas prices don’t go down for long.
Road trip? You’re taking your car.
Insurance on most Dream cars isn’t cheap.

Someone asked me this recently and we had a long conversation about it and I’m still not 100% sure of my answer.
My quick answer was a Jeep GRAND Cherokee SRT, Trackhawk or a Hennessy HPE800 Escalade because I have a kid that needs a car seat, a dog and there’s room for gear, AWD because snow and they all are some really nice SUV’s and their safety rating isn’t too shabby (thinking like a dad).
I initially said a 56 Chevy 4 door wagon with an LS swap and modern day suspension and components but I’d be shitting my pants driving it in our snowy winters and having my dog and kid beating the piss out of it would drive me nuts and parts aren’t easy to come by. Then I started thinking like a dad daily driving with my kid in it and I’d rather have current safety items so the 56 was out.

Let’s hear what you’d drive.

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
novitec-f12-slider.png

Only drive 3 miles for work so NFG on MPG, single so no worries about family or more than two seats, think I can afford the maintenance, work with family so in winter I can just hitch a ride to work, etc....

SMRTSS1

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 12, 2010
Elgin
I’m already becoming envious of the guys without kids. I jokingly told my wife we should name our son Vette because it’s the only way I’ll ever have one.

I thought long and hard about the CTS-V but again, kids+dog+snow= nope. I actually looked at a CTS wagon before I got my Escalade but there just isn’t enough room in them.

Blood on Blood

rumble baby rumble
Apr 6, 2005
I drive 35k - 40k miles per year so that would be 350k - 400k Miles after 10 yrs in bumper to bumper traffic. Also, maintenance and all types of Chicago weather.

At first, practical choice is a Pilot or 4Runner

But, being a dream car, maybe look at a GTR, Raptor or maybe a Scat Pack / Hellcat Charger.

Miles, reliability and that commute is limiting.

Would need to test drive

SMRTSS1

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 12, 2010
Elgin
So wait, are you not allowed to own other vehicles then? Also classic car insurance is usually limited mileage and some “regular” insurance companies won’t insure a classic car.

You can have whatever else you pay for on your own for a weekend warrior, toy, off roader etc. Your main daily driver can be ANYTHING you want but you have to drive it everyday.

SMRTSS1

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 12, 2010
Elgin
Just having a little fun with this now.
Considering the current political climate and the rampant crime and shootings everywhere in Chicagoland maybe an armored monster might be a good idea, could also get some interesting side work with this.

The Conquest Vehicles Knight XV, because fuck everyone else!!!

https://www.conquestvehicles.com/knight-xv.html

c45225ed148336974cd4103df5c45f91.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info