V10 M5/M6 Anybody??

SHARKBITEATTACK

Enthusiast
Jun 15, 2008
Bartlett
I’ve been really intrigued by the last generation M6’s that have depreciated to the point where they are affordable to the average joe now. So today I test drove a V10 M5 and I gotta say it left a lot to be desired. Trans shifted fast as fuck with its close gearing and insanely high redline, but the acceleration sensation felt less than that of my stock ls1 Firebird.

I had the car in sport mode but I couldn’t figure out how to or if you could even turn off TC so maybe the engine automatically cut power?? Anyone here have experience with these cars and care to share?

Yes I am aware of the rod bearing issue these cars are plagued with.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
You're talking E60 right?

like this:

hqdefault.jpg

Gone_2022

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2013
Did some research. Looks like it may have been the phantom battery drain I was thinking of on these and not a heat issue? Idk.

First search for v10 bmw battery issues yielded forum page after forum page of phantom battery draining and rants about how the dealer can’t figure out why there battery goes dead constantly.

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007
I speak with my wife about that on the regular. I think she'd let me do it if I could. No room here for something of that size.

Honestly I loved the idea of the car cave and would love something like that with some local like minded enthusiasts. But I just think it would end up not quite working out.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info