willdrumforfood92

Three Pedals, Two Feet, One Crazy Idea
Sep 8, 2017
Uptown

Grabber

Oh Hai
Dec 11, 2007
Wheeling, IL
That is a lot of miles for the price. I'd say at most, that car is maybe work $8,000.

These cars are very solid and the only thing I'd be concerned about is if the clutch/fly is original (they have lasted that long) and if the clutch was replaced, was the throw out bearing and slave cylinder replaced as well. These cars are notorious for getting drive-ability issues with that many miles.

I'd check out S197Forum for the classifieds and ChicagolandMustang.com as well. You'll probably get a much better car overall for the price you want to pay.

3V's are great light-to-light cars and are not expensive to fix. They can take a beating and they are definitely good everyday drivers.

willdrumforfood92

Three Pedals, Two Feet, One Crazy Idea
Sep 8, 2017
Uptown
Thanks for replies all. I agree - it’s a lot of money for the car, and I’m going in knowing that. I’m going to see how much negotiation they’ll do but I’m fully prepared to hear “no” and walk away until they come to their senses...

For context, this car will be a daily, autocross, track day, and road trip machine.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info