2017 Taurus SHO

JeffsLightning

TCG Elite Member
Mar 3, 2004
House of Power
Yep have a 16. Bought it new and have had 0 problems..
866ff24895832793f96b9bef7eaa686c.jpg

Kensington

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 14, 2017
Have an '11 Flex, which is basically an SHO wagon.

They are solid cars. The EcoBoost mileage isn't the greatest. It likes good oil and premium gas...The motors have a tendency to start building up carbon deposits in the intake runners and on the intake valves (common turbo direct injection issue, no just to EcoBoosts). You're in the later years, so the PTU shouldn't be an issue like earlier years. Make sure the tires have been rotated and are of similar wear, if they aren't you can still have premature wear/failure of the PTU. People bang on about turbo failures, but I really haven't seen THAT many premature failures. As long as you're doing your proper maintenance and putting good oil in it, it should be a very reliable DD.

Jeffs FRC

TCG Elite Member
Aug 10, 2006
Lakemoor, IL
Ford puts that same SHO engine in the fusion sport ?
2.7 Eco. Member on here has a Fusion Sport with a tune only and I think he ran 13.1. [MENTION=5828]01Cobra[/MENTION]
I honestly didn’t like the seat in my Fusion and hated driving it because of that.
I've driven a few and didn't find the seats uncomfortable? What is fact, is that the interior of the Fusion blows the Taurus away. WTF was Ford thinking with that god awful Taurus interior???

Kensington

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 14, 2017
I had an '11 Fusion that I loved. It was super comfy.

I did drive a newer Fusion Sport, and honestly did not like it at all. It was wallowly and there is a TON of torque management dialed in to 1st and 2nd gear. It honestly felt SUPER sluggish. In theory it should be quicker than my Flex, but felt WAY slower. But then again, all the newer EcoBoost's I've driven, seem to have a ton more torque management dialed in the lower gears.

GLADIATOR

aka STROKE-KING
TCG Premium
Mar 29, 2004
New Lenox IL
2.7 Eco. Member on here has a Fusion Sport with a tune only and I think he ran 13.1. [MENTION=5828]01Cobra[/MENTION]

I've driven a few and didn't find the seats uncomfortable? What is fact, is that the interior of the Fusion blows the Taurus away. WTF was Ford thinking with that god awful Taurus interior???

My SHO had the premium seats with balls cooler. Different opinion I guess.

Kensington

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 14, 2017
I traded it in on my raptor because my wife hardly used it. I would definitely buy another. I honestly don’t understand the SHO hate on here. We traveled in it several times and it was awesome on the road with 25+mpg.

I don't think there's SHO hate, necessarily, but claiming almost beating GTR stock, is a probably the grounds for some of the razzing...there's some EcoBoost hate, but it's a half GM forum afterall.

Jeffs FRC

TCG Elite Member
Aug 10, 2006
Lakemoor, IL
I had an '11 Fusion that I loved. It was super comfy.

I did drive a newer Fusion Sport, and honestly did not like it at all. It was wallowly and there is a TON of torque management dialed in to 1st and 2nd gear. It honestly felt SUPER sluggish. In theory it should be quicker than my Flex, but felt WAY slower. But then again, all the newer EcoBoost's I've driven, seem to have a ton more torque management dialed in the lower gears.
Yea Ford really does the Ecoboosts no favors with the stock tuning. My wifes Explorer Sport is the same way. You'd think with all the torque the Eco's make, they'd be a rocket out of the hole. Sadly, that's not even close to true!
My SHO had the premium seats with balls cooler. Different opinion I guess.

Fusion Sport has cooled seats standard.

Kensington

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 14, 2017
Yea Ford really does the Ecoboosts no favors with the stock tuning. My wifes Explorer Sport is the same way. You'd think with all the torque the Eco's make, they'd be a rocket out of the hole. Sadly, that's not even close to true!

Fusion Sport has cooled seats standard.

It’s weird because mine does rocket out of the hole. I’ll get wheel spin in first and sometimes a chirp in second, completely stock

guspech750

Guspech Superdriller
TCG Premium
Jan 23, 2010
North Aurora
We bought a 2014 SHO new without the performance package. 53,000 Miles and absolutely zero problems.

I love the gobs of interior space. Especially from side to side. I absolutely hate when I shut a car door and the door hits my arm. Most cars are way to narrow now but not the Taurus.

My only problem is, I wish I had a second SHO.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info