Grabbing Opponent's Handbrake at 130 mph

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
Italian motorcycle racer Romano Fenati has been banned for two races and kicked off his team for good after grabbing competitor Stefano Manzi’s handbrake during a race, putting him in grave danger.

The incident took place at Sunday’s Moto2 San Marino Grand Prix, following a collision between the two which led to them running off the track that Fenati felt was Manzi's fault.

The accident knocked them out of contention for the win, but uninjured and with no damage to their bikes, they were able to continue the race.

Video of the subsequent incident shows Fenati pulling alongside Manzi, reaching over and squeezing the handbrake as they enter a turn at approximately 130 mph. Manzi’s bike wobbled, but he was able to maintain control.

Fenati has been banned from two races and his current team fired him. Future team is also thinking of revoking his contract.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eq-1-75cOSA

Motorcycle racer banned and fired after grabbing competitor's handbrake | Fox News

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
This is unbelievable, i saw it yesterday when it happened. He'll never be employable again but they should still ban him just to be certain.

Josh Herrin (motoamerica racer) accidentally bumped someone's brake lever with his elbow once while in a turn, totally by accident, and he got a 2 race suspension for it.

Fenati is incredibly lucky that the guy whose brake he grabbed kept it standing. Even if he was trying to tap the brake as lightly as possible, one bump from each of their bikes or a nudge of the handlebars would have sent him flying over the bike and likely resulted in criminal charges.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
This is unbelievable, i saw it yesterday when it happened. He'll never be employable again but they should still ban him just to be certain.

Josh Herrin (motoamerica racer) accidentally bumped someone's brake lever with his elbow once while in a turn, totally by accident, and he got a 2 race suspension for it.

Fenati is incredibly lucky that the guy whose brake he grabbed kept it standing. Even if he was trying to tap the brake as lightly as possible, one bump from each of their bikes or a nudge of the handlebars would have sent him flying over the bike and likely resulted in criminal charges.

Should be criminal charges anyways.

Dan00Hawk

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 10, 2011
Plainfield
I’d be on trial for murder or attempted murder if someone did that to me.

Let’s see.......in the lead.......no one could possibly be watching the dozen or so cameras on the lead bikes. DUMBASS!

From what I understand, they were back around 12th place after they had both gotten involved in a prior incident. Regardless of where they were battling, that was terrible.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
That was the rear brake, right?

Can you imagine if it was the front brake?

Pretty sure thats the front brake he pulled.

From my hazy, foggy memory. Don't crucify me if I'm wrong for those of you who are way more into motorcycles.

Right Handle = Front Brake
Left Handle = Clutch
Right Foot = Rear brake

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
That was the rear brake, right?

Can you imagine if it was the front brake?

Pretty sure thats the front brake he pulled.

From my hazy, foggy memory. Don't crucify me if I'm wrong for those of you who are way more into motorcycles.

Right Handle = Front Brake
Left Handle = Clutch
Right Foot = Rear brake

Correct, it was the front brake. He wouldn't have bounced around like that if it was the rear brake

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill

Other driver would have deserved it if while reaching out to fold that mirror, his hand got smashed between the cars.

The victim driver can't put that mirror back out, so thats a pit-stop and lost time to fix a safety hazard now. Granted, driver still has center, and driver side mirrors, but all mirrors are nice to have if you don't have a track spotter.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info