Killer Chiller installed....

HellPIG

TCG Elite Member
Sep 13, 2012
Mount Prospect
Hope this helps my previous hot ass IATs at the end of WOT runs.

I put a 2 gallon auxiliary tank in the front bumper support.

It has a drag valve that diverts cabin AC to maximize cooling when wanted.

From what I can see so far, its insulated well enough that I'm not getting any dripping in the standard mode.

Did a couple back to back 40-100+ runs today and the IC coolant got up to 55 degrees lol.

IMG_0011.jpgIMG_0024.jpgIMG_0025.jpgIMG_0033.jpgIMG_0046.jpg

HellPIG

TCG Elite Member
Sep 13, 2012
Mount Prospect
No more long lines binging you down

The most appealing to me. I've only made 4 passes with the car and all of them were 10.1's...I would literally sit in the pits and wait for no line, hurry up and double check tire pressure and race for it. Idling for a few minutes would doom me. I was sitting at 130 IAT pre burnout, 160 by the end of the pass. I squeaked about 1/2 mph out of it by letting it sit a full hour, but it was still annoying.

HellPIG

TCG Elite Member
Sep 13, 2012
Mount Prospect
This is down right impressive. I know I used to fight hard with intake temps on my old supercharged gto.

82 degrees is amazing. I was sitting 140-150 at idle and that was with an air to water system.

Truly impressive

So far so good. Recovery seems to be quick.

A couple back to back 40-120 pulls it got up to high 60's for coolant temps.

I think I'm getting it topped off and all the final air burped out.

01Cobra

Johnny Cobra
May 3, 2006
I would suggest a valve either mechanical or electronic to bypass the heat exchanger. Above 80f the heat exchanger will start to pull the cold out of your system and the ac will continue to fight it. I bet you will see some increased engine temps as a result.

I plan on doing this over the winter.

I used to drag twin screw cars when I was pullied and ported just due to the fact that their cars were pulling timing and I wasn’t. Evens the playing field.

HellPIG

TCG Elite Member
Sep 13, 2012
Mount Prospect
I would suggest a valve either mechanical or electronic to bypass the heat exchanger. Above 80f the heat exchanger will start to pull the cold out of your system and the ac will continue to fight it. I bet you will see some increased engine temps as a result.

I plan on doing this over the winter.

I used to drag twin screw cars when I was pullied and ported just due to the fact that their cars were pulling timing and I wasn’t. Evens the playing field.

It has a drag valve on it with a switch to run AC to Cabin or fully divert. The heat exchanger is bypassed.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info