Went to the DSM Shootout in ohio last week..video

NOMIEZVR4

TCG Elite Member
May 6, 2014
Chicago
Since I'm a 3000GT whore, I made a video of the 3kgt/Stealth's at the event. Total of 10 cars there but they didn't all make it on camera.

My own car has been under the knife, new setup is almost done. teaser picture below. Not often you see or hear of a single turbo 3000GT. It sounds dramatically different then when it was a twin setup. Once I get it dialed in, ill make a build thread.

Enjoy!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7F1YGt8W15Q&t

Attachments

• eng.jpg
    eng.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 59

NOMIEZVR4

TCG Elite Member
May 6, 2014
Chicago
Cool AF, what was the quick car at the shootout?

There were a few quick ones actually. The green ls swapped one made its first track outing with the new setup, previously ran a best of 9.6 with a 4g63, with the new 5.3 setup it ran a 10.9, still working out kinks. He's hoping to have an 8 second 1kwhp street car, its got full interior and all.

White spoilerless car ran 8.8@156 with a 4g63 swap. He's shooting for low 8's, 7's maybe. Still has lots of boost to go. Also first track outing. gutted racecar, its the no1 contender to be the fastest 3000gt in the world.

The black hoop spoiler car has gone a best of 9.5@156. Makes 1100whp. Its a sick as build and my own inspiration to make mine single turbo setup. Full street car with ac and 6 speed. Here is a dyno video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bp189Hq5GNc

White hoop car is also a full street car with 'bolton' stock frame turbos and went 10.7 at 132 best pass over the weekend.

As for my own car, it will be a mild 700whp setup. Its temporarily got the hood exit because I was trying to make the event myself and fab work for the exhaust would have set me back indefinitely, however I ran into other issues and wasn't able to make it on time. Previously I was making close to 600 but I mostly did the new setup for the sound. Sounds very much like a single turbo supra now.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info