Cars you should have bought but turned down

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Like the proverbial "girl who got away," are there any cars that you had the opportunity to buy and turned it down because it wasn't good timing or because you had nowhere to keep the car? Or have you taken everything and now have an empty checking account and a driveway full of beaters?

Recently I was thinking about a 1974 Nova that my buddy had. It was primer with the body in good shape and had an inline six. I wanted it so bad ... he ended up selling the clunker for $2500 :eek:

Similar story: My friend's 1968 C10 with a 383 crate engine that made 400 horsepower. He said he'd sell it to me, but I couldn't spare the cash. He sold it for under $3,000. That truck ripped, too.

What about you guys?

Angus

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 12, 2007
HHI, SC
3 years ago, a '92 mustang GT vert w/ 5-speed. new top and exhaust. test drove it and a mechanic said it checked out fine. Had 75k and was only going for $2200.

I scrapped together the money and was on my way out to pick it up, but parents hated the idea of a fresh in college with little money of having 2 cars, so they threatened to sell my nice regal and since I couldn't count on that car for year-round, I had to let it go...

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
Monster%20Jam%20launch_2.jpg

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
BruGTP said:
CrazyMook said:
many many r32 skylines...ive come close to pulling the trigger on a few but always backed out

Are there many locally? Or would you go through a big west-coast importer, like Motorex.

motorex no longer exists....there are quite a few in the states but they were brought in by less than honest methods, hence why ive always pulled out at the last minute

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info