Sweet Ford option packages V:Trucks & Towing

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
if you get a truck with the gimmicky AF trailer backup knob.

pC8JTpih.jpg

it doesn't mean it has a factory brake controller.

so then you have to do this. and that's before it gets to a dealer to get it programmed in. K.

54Nht8Uh.jpg

mindfucking that they'd put that silly thing in a truck but skip on a brake controller :rofl:

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
So a brake controller is not standard anymore?

mmmm im not too sure brake controllers would be standard among most half ton trucks... but the kicker is it has the trailer backup controller but not brakes... like hey you can back up multiple ways but lets hope your trailer has surge brakes cuz otherwise it's not stopping

Spectragod

Addict
Oct 13, 2010
Dayton Ohio
if you get a truck with the gimmicky AF trailer backup knob.

pC8JTpih.jpg

it doesn't mean it has a factory brake controller.

so then you have to do this. and that's before it gets to a dealer to get it programmed in. K.

54Nht8Uh.jpg

mindfucking that they'd put that silly thing in a truck but skip on a brake controller :rofl:

TBC’s are optional on the new Ford’s, the back up bullshit is part of another tech package.

As far as activating it, I have an IDS that I pay for a SW subscription on, or better yet, use forscan SW (for free) you will need a $30 pass through device and you can turn it on yourself, as well as a whole host of other options they don’t bother making available for f150 owners. The f150 forums will guide you to what you can do to the truck.

crooks

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Sep 30, 2012
Elgin IL
I think the TBC was like a $200 option. I made sure to get it

Haven’t used the trailer backup thing yet, honestly setting the truck up for the individual trailer specs (so you can use the backup knob thing) is probably more difficult than backing up a trailer on your own, but the technology is cool

I thought entering in the length of the trailer was for the blind spot monitoring?
I havent used the back up knob yet always forget about it.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
:rofl:

I think you guys are missing it...

It's like a vehicle coming with headlight bulbs but not the headlights... if you have one you need the other.

Yeah it wasn't a big deal to add, yes it wasn't hard to get it programmed...

the thought that it comes with the sweeeeeeet backup knob controller, but NOT a trailer brake controller is the part you're missing :rofl:

BeerOrGasoline

Me & Dead Owls Don't Give a Hoot.
Mar 15, 2009
New Lenox, IL
:rofl:

I think you guys are missing it...

It's like a vehicle coming with headlight bulbs but not the headlights... if you have one you need the other.

Yeah it wasn't a big deal to add, yes it wasn't hard to get it programmed...

the thought that it comes with the sweeeeeeet backup knob controller, but NOT a trailer brake controller is the part you're missing :rofl:

what if I only wanna back up my harbor freight 4x8 trailer full of lawn clippings

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info