Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Via R&T -
https://www.roadandtrack.com/car-culture/travel/g22128549/worst-us-cities-for-drivers-traffic/

25. Albuquerque, NM
24. Buffalo, NY
23. Hialeah, FL
22. New Orleans, LA
21. Stockton, CA
20. Aurora, CO
19. Milwaukee, WI
18. Jersey City, NJ
17. Long Beach, CA
16. Cleveland, OH
15. Honolulu, HI
14. San Bernardino, CA
13. San Jose, CA
12. Baltimore, MD
11. Washington D.C.
10. Chicago, IL
9. Los Angeles, CA
8. Newark, NJ
7. New York, NY
6. Boston, MA
5. Seattle, WA
4. Philadelphia, PA
3. Oakland, CA
2. San Francisco, CA
1. Detroit, MI

In order to determine the best and worst cities for drivers, WalletHub compared a sample of the 100 most populated U.S. cities across four key dimensions: 1) Cost of Ownership & Maintenance, 2) Traffic & Infrastructure, 3) Safety and 4) Access to Vehicles & Maintenance. Our sample considers only the city proper in each case and excludes cities in the surrounding metro area.

We evaluated those dimensions using 29 relevant metrics, which are listed below with their corresponding weights. Each metric was graded on a 100-point scale, with a score of 100 representing the most favorable conditions for drivers. Data for metrics marked with an asterisk (*) were available at the state level only. For metrics marked with two asterisks (**), the square root of the population was used to calculate the population size in order to avoid overcompensating for minor differences across cities.

Finally, we determined each city’s weighted average across all metrics to calculate its overall score and used the resulting scores to rank-order our sample.

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
Yea, Detroit is a piece of cake. There is no one there any more, and to be honest, their expressway's/highway's are actually nice and have more capacity than population.

Bahhhston stinks because there roads are terrible (my last excursion down 90, I should probably go see a dentist now), and in previous trips to Boston, nothing is an easy grid like Chicago. So getting out of Logan and trying to make your way around... Frustrating.

Other cities on that list that I've has zero issues in...

- L.A. (including Long Beach as that is part of L.A. and where we've stayed the last few times out there).

- NYC (including Newark and Jersey City as they both are part of the NYC metro area). Now trying to drive in Manhattan... yea... that's a bitch.

- San Fran/Oakland (parking is a fucking bitch though). I'd include San Jose here too as that is the southern portion of the Bay Area.

- Milwaukee... WTF!!! Milwaukee is nothing. Milwaukee shouldn't be on any list like this whatsoever.

- Cleveland I just did earlier this month... easy, peazy. About the ONLY issue in Cleveland is heading back west on 90, there is literally a 90* curve on the NE side of the city

- Buffalo I just did earlier this month also. Nothing to it, blew through there in less than 10 minutes.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info