I have a 5.0/ten speed F150 currently whatcha wanna know?

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
rental action

ikOpN19l.jpg

ive driven it about 1200 miles so far in a week.

averaging 19.6 across that time...

seems to get better mpg at 80-85 than 70-80.

it's fun as shit.

10 speed gets "lost" sometimes... like part throttle downshifts it doesn't feel like it knows what gear it wants to hit.

it's an XLT and has split manual bench, backup camera with the "small" screen, start/stop tech

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
burnouts ?

i should do that.

thing has a bunch of torque management down low... the sport button and turning off advancetrack (sp?) let it eat a bunch more, but still you can tell it's "reserved"

How does it feel to be in a real truck

still not too sure, ill let you know when i get in a ridgeline

How is the orange peel compared to, say, an Aston Martin?

ford actually teaches painting secrets globally, the bumpy-ness of their paint is actually proven to provide a "golf ball effect", increasing mpg efficiency.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
ride quality ? compared to your massive gasser ?

heh. honestly. it's comparable. f150 is definitely quieter when cruising. my personal truck soaks up shit roads much better though.

i really think the weight of my personal truck helps the ride significantly.

there were some shitty back roads i was ripping and was really surprised as to how much i was bouncing around... but then thinking about it, with how light the f150 likely is compared to my truck, it kinda made sense.

Gav'sPurpleZ

If you fail to plan, you're planning to fail
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
Mar 3, 2008
Pingree Grove IL
I test drove a decently optioned eco boost when shopping. I went to a Ford dealer to drive a used Ram Sport because it was in the color I preferred.

Figured, while I'm there, I drove a crew cab Ferd. did not care for the half center console deal and while cruising the V6 felt like I was driving my Nissan.

Apples to oranges but I just didn't care for the feel of the truck.

GM fan boy here I guess

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
:dunno:
look like poor quality ?

Just shooting from the hip here on questions.

cloth seats ? Comfortable ? How does Mrs Yaj Yak like it ?

ill go examine.

cloth seats are meh. just forward/backward and back recline & lumbar support... i wish they went up and down

mrs yaj yak is meh towards it, but she's meh towards any vehicle basically :rofl:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info