Has Ford just gotten insanely good at hiding recalls?

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Minimizing the public awareness? just have their damage control team set to max lately?

like the exploder tire saga taught them somethin?

I rented a vehicle and all the rental bro's were talking about was a current ferd recall where ford is passing out rental cars like stripper cards in vegas... currently hertz and enterpise have TONS of cars out for a ford recall? sounds like takata airbag stuff?

and this brought me back to when i worked at the big E in 2010 and we had customers in rentals for MONTHS on end when the windstar recall was going on- that somehow many people had no idea about either.

which apparently they are seeing issues with again :rofl:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jensen...ged-owners-and-safety-advocates/#639e94d63378

this one was mindfucking because there'd be people with 98 windstars worth maybe $3k with $5k in rental charges and most of the general public had no idea about it

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
My coworker has a 2008? Ford Edge that has the airbag recall and he's waiting for a rental car to call him because nobody has any right now. Ford had him sign paperwork saying that he will NOT drive his Edge after he receives his rental car and the airbag has been fix, which they said they don't have parts for right now and it won't be until late this year. So yeah, the rental car companies are making out like kings RN.

AWDCD3

Addict
May 31, 2015
Carol Stream, Il
Yep, it's the Takata airbag recall. I got another letter from Ford about a month ago with the details. They are covering $30 per day until the parts are available and the car is fixed. But, unlike the Windstar recall, you can park your car at home.
But, unlike the Windstar recall, Ford is not picking up the total rental cost. If I rented the cheapest car at Enterprise, it would cost me around $250-$300 per month. Oh, and the new airbags won't be available until maybe October. I'm sure as the inevitable outrage grows, Ford will pick up the total tab of the rental. Until then, I'm driving my car.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Yep, it's the Takata airbag recall. I got another letter from Ford about a month ago with the details. They are covering $30 per day until the parts are available and the car is fixed. But, unlike the Windstar recall, you can park your car at home.
But, unlike the Windstar recall, Ford is not picking up the total rental cost. If I rented the cheapest car at Enterprise, it would cost me around $250-$300 per month. Oh, and the new airbags won't be available until maybe October. I'm sure as the inevitable outrage grows, Ford will pick up the total tab of the rental. Until then, I'm driving my car.

holy fuck

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363

so it's like they learned something from the windstar recall :rofl:

the windstar one was fucked because a fuck ton of the customers i was renting to were fucking pissed because they knew that they had a $5,000 rental tab on a vehicle they would have taken $2k for

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008

My coworker said he went to the dealer and they changed what they're covering since they sent that letter. They told him it is 100% covered because everyone, like you, said they're just going to keep driving their car because they're not going to pay for a rental. So make an appt with your local dealer and they should confirm that and set you up.

AWDCD3

Addict
May 31, 2015
Carol Stream, Il
My coworker said he went to the dealer and they changed what they're covering since they sent that letter. They told him it is 100% covered because everyone, like you, said they're just going to keep driving their car because they're not going to pay for a rental. So make an appt with your local dealer and they should confirm that and set you up.
I'll check it out. I've now seen that a few of my fellow Fusion owners have gotten free rentals.

BS ISF

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 24, 2012
WEST BURBS
Lexus did the exact same thing but they split it into 4 zones. Far south, south, middle and north. Not 100% on terminology so bare with me. They scheduled your zone a couple month's apart as they couldn't make them fast enough to supply the entire US. I had to wait 4 month's to get my airbag replaced and i had a choice of a loaner or i could drive my car but not have anyone sit in my front passenger seat. If i got in an accident with a passenger Lexus wasn't responsible for any injuries if the airbag went off.

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
Other car manufacturers are doing the same. Heck, on the BMW forum there were guys who had rental cars for over a year. They would call BMW, say they didn't feel safe driving their car due to the airbags, and BMW would set them up with a rental car for free.

Last year they were less willing to get your rental cars. I assume because replacement airbags finally were making their way into cars.

BMW has a heater element recall that has caused fires in some cars. Now people are doing the same thing. Calling and getting rental cars for an extended period of time.

LikeABauce302

TCG Elite Member
Aug 27, 2013
South suburbs
Real Name
Matt
That's why you dont buy a ford

IMO this would be a reason to buy a Ford. Proactively protecting customers until a potentially dangerous vehicle is fixed is amazing customer service.

I still need to get the airbags in my Mustang fixed. I just haven't been driving the car a lot. I have a stack of letters from Ford. I should check to see if any are offering to pay for a rental car lol.

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
oh goodie captain ford is here to save the day :rofl:

you realize i didn't say anything about no one else doing it? moreover i made the thread because im impressed by how well their PR team does at making it not blow up like the exploder tires did

Guy above me posts that Lexus does the same thing and yet calls me out for saying something about BMW and calls me captain ford. hahaha OKhater.

Owners are well aware of the recalls. I got them for ford vehicles I don't even own anymore. lol I have seen it in the news as well. But because it is a Windstar the media doesn't care to make it headline news? Because the Windstar was like 500K cars being recalled and not 7 million like with the Firestone recall? Not sure. I doubt it is much due to the control of the Ford PR team.

LikeABauce302

TCG Elite Member
Aug 27, 2013
South suburbs
Real Name
Matt
Guy above me posts that Lexus does the same thing and yet calls me out for saying something about BMW and calls me captain ford. hahaha OKhater.

Owners are well aware of the recalls. I got them for ford vehicles I don't even own anymore. lol I have seen it in the news as well. But because it is a Windstar the media doesn't care to make it headline news? Because the Windstar was like 500K cars being recalled and not 7 million like with the Firestone recall? Not sure. I doubt it is much due to the control of the Ford PR team.

Plus about 300k of those 500k cars are in junkyards already.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.