Any Audio Guys here?

093LZ

Regular
May 16, 2012
Out of no where, the rear speakers on my vet stopped working and at the same moment they went dead, the clock reset on the kenwood head unit I have. The sub also stopped working which is fed by RCA cables from the head unit. The door speakers work just fine and I check the fade to make sure it didnt go nuts and move. I would think a fuse could be ruled out because the door speakers still work. Im using a RP5-GM11 adaptor for the head unit. Ideas?

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
That's super strange, when you used the adapter you didn't have to solder any wires or anything, right? Since it probably was just plug and play?

I wonder if the radio reset and you have to go back in and turn on the rear speakers/sub like a lot of those radios need to have done when they're first installed. That's my first guess.

093LZ

Regular
May 16, 2012
That's super strange, when you used the adapter you didn't have to solder any wires or anything, right? Since it probably was just plug and play?

I wonder if the radio reset and you have to go back in and turn on the rear speakers/sub like a lot of those radios need to have done when they're first installed. That's my first guess.

no, the adapter was added by the vendor and all the connections were crimp'd together instead of solder, thats my main suspect, but it doesnt explain why the sub isnt working when thats RCA. Thank you for the insight! Im going to double check what you posted in that video.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• 093LZ
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list