Continental ExtremeContact DWS Tuned- any haz had?

Omicron

From Russia With Love
TCG Premium
Jan 13, 2013
McHenry
Great tires. Would buy again.

We put a set of these on my wife’s 2015 M235i xdrive when the oem Bridgestone ones needed replacing. Like Sleeper said- Great tire all around. We didn’t even swap them for dedicated winters in this car, and had no snow/ cold traction issues.

About as good as an all season can get. I know that sounds a bit like a backhanded compliment, but it isn’t meant to be. They were vastly superior to the Bridgestone potenzas that came in the car originally in every way- traction wet or dry; wear; cold/ snow; noise; feel. Almost like a new car.

Kensington

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 14, 2017
Continental DWS' are rated higher than the comparable Goodyear Eagle's and are $20 less per tire. The Michelin Pilot Sport A/S's are rated slightly higher than the Continental's, but are $40 per tire more. (at least in my size; 255/45/20)

If I hadn't dropped coin on winters and "summer" tires, I would've gone with the Continental DWS'

Shadow99

Broke DSMer
Jun 7, 2011
Ohare
I mainly bought the wheels for the rims on them. The tire I didnt care for until I actually brought them home and saw what tire they were. So I got a pretty good deal on them then lol. I read that the DWS will fade away as the tires life goes down. So each letter fades as the quality of the tire decreases. So if the S is faded off, then theyre no good for being in snow, and so on. Which is pretty neat. I think Ill run these guys down till I need new ones. Then can switch my hankooks over to those rims. OR sell my old set of wheels with the hankooks on them and go with some of the tires you guys mentioned.

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
Correct on the wear away of the letters. And yes, they are a slightly softer compound tire.

When they wear away, I'd just get another set. I fought buying these tires (despite their price) for the longest time because I thought the webbed tread pattern was stupid looking. But once I broke down and bought them, nothing has been on my vehicles since. This product line of Extreme Contact and Control Contact's have been very good tires overall for the price.

radioguy6

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2008
Schaumburg
Real Name
Greg
I ran the DW on my G35, got about 30k miles out of them. They were quiet and wore evenly, even with negative camber. I guess my biggest complaint was being a 'summer tire' it had a very soft sidewall, but handling was predictable. I heard they improved these too, and I've read good reviews so that is promising.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info