Someone buy this before I do...

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
https://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/ctd/d/2014-bmw-5-series-535d-sport/6580681901.html

I can't even explain how cool and rare this is. The diesel 535's are rare enough on their own but to find a fully optioned one is like finding a unicorn. These cars are awesome because they're torque monsters, drive smooth as butter, handle amazingly and get 26 miles per gallon in the city and 38 on the highway. That's silly for a car like this.

But it get's better... The car is equipped with the LED headlights that can be coded for full euro anti-glare auto high beams. I had these on my 2014 535D and they are absolutely astonishing. Essentially your high beams are always on but dip and move to create tunnels of dark spots that follow oncoming traffic and cars in front of you. So when you're on the expressway and coming up on a car, your high beams split to create a box of low beam light and as the car in front of you moves that box of darkness moves with it.

https://youtu.be/-dvPZ3H1Vm4?t=40s

But it gets even better. Have you heard about that fancy new tech from Tesla called Autopilot? Yeah, about that... Autopilot (in it's first iteration) is actually a product from a company called Mobileye that Tesla installed in their vehicles, wrote software for and called Autopilot. It primarily utilizes a front facing camera and a radar sensor to do all the heavy lifting.

And this proves the genius of Tesla's ability to market without marketing because before the Model S received Autopilot, BMW was actually installing a feature called traffic jam assist on 5 series that were optioned with the forward facing camera and radar cruise... 5 series like this one.

Oh but Mike, I've never heard of that! That's because like the cool headlights, they decoded the option for the US and removed the torque sensor in the steering wheel. But alas, with an inexpensive torque sensor simulator and some coding, you can have a fully loaded 5 series with low speed (up to 35mph) Autopilot that will do braking, accelerating and steering for you in traffic conditions. Drive to Chicago on the Kennedy? This is your fucking jam.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DA0oS6TgVcs

Do you need more reasons to buy? Ok... Color heads up display, Harmon Kardon Stereo, Active comfort seats, rear and side sunshades and everything else that makes the F10 5 series so amazing.

But here's the number one reason to buy: If someone else doesn't get it I will. And I don't have any room and I don't feel like actively trying to sell the Q5 to make room. Someone buy this. It's a fantastic price. I checked it out yesterday. Other than some marks on the bumper covers it's in great condition.

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
[MENTION=396]Mike K[/MENTION] buy it, turo it for a few months until i sell my house,. don't let it get hurt, then im in

I'm tempted to just buy it and park the Tesla in the Turo lot from now on. I love my Tesla but I've completely detached from that specific car since it's going back to Tesla in a few months. Around LA I'm only using Autopilot for traffic anyhow so this would be awesome.

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
I really want this car. I REALLY want this car. In terms of having an extra car around to tool around in I love the Q5 but I've been looking for a fully optioned 535d for almost 2 years now.

I hope I can talk the girl that's renting the Q5 into buying it. I'd buy this in a snap.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info