Wheel Bearing Again?

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
I replaced both front wheel bearings on my Caddy Seville two years ago. I'm now getting the hum again from the driver's side front wheel. Damn.

I used Timken bearings last time. This time I ordered AC/Delco from Rock Auto.

Wish I had a lift and air tools or, at least, a garage. It's going to be a driveway job.

I found my 34 mil. socket so that's a plus.

Any tips on making this job easier? First step will be using a leaf blower on the driveway to get the Florida insect wildlife to retreat. :smile:

SMRTSS1

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 12, 2010
Elgin
I’m thinking I have to do mine on my Escalade with 59K on it. Not sure if the humming is bearings or tires but something feels not right in the front end. My mileage + GM bearings = most likely time to do them anyway. I’m going to pop the wheel off and soak the nut with penetrating oil a day or two before I do it so I don’t blow up another impact gun.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
It's not the cost of the bearings that bugs me, it's those damn 3 hub bolts.

I did one side today and the bolts came off OK with a breaker bar. If you turn the wheel to one side you can get two of them then back to the other side to get the 3rd.

It's getting hot out now so I may leave the other side for tomorrow morning. Wasn't supposed to be 90 today but it is.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info