BMW M3 vs M2 - dig and roll race

Omicron

From Russia With Love
TCG Premium
Jan 13, 2013
McHenry
Biggest difference is the M2 is a twin scroll single turbo vs the M3’s actual twin turbo.
The M2 basically uses a tuned version of the older M235 engine, but borrows the forged internals of the M3. I believe they both use the same rear exhaust.

The F80 M cars, especially the comp pack versions, are criminally underrated hp wise and are roll race killers. Bone stock they easily trap 120+ and will put a hurting on a lot of machines.

The M2 is also a bit underrated and is no slouch in its own right but it’s giving up arguably 100+ rwhp with only 100 lbs weight advantage. No match for its big brother.

Jeffs FRC

TCG Elite Member
Aug 10, 2006
Lakemoor, IL
Biggest difference is the M2 is a twin scroll single turbo vs the M3’s actual twin turbo.
The M2 basically uses a tuned version of the older M235 engine, but borrows the forged internals of the M3. I believe they both use the same rear exhaust.

The F80 M cars, especially the comp pack versions, are criminally underrated hp wise and are roll race killers. Bone stock they easily trap 120+ and will put a hurting on a lot of machines.

The M2 is also a bit underrated and is no slouch in its own right but it’s giving up arguably 100+ rwhp with only 100 lbs weight advantage. No match for its big brother.
Man I wish I still had the Scat so we could line em up!

OH yea all we fucken care is how well car can turn because we drive to work and race on a nurburgring every day

fast straight line car that handles OK hands down over slow turd that handles awesome

Agree with you on that! I know the M cars aren't built for straight line, but 60k should get you a faster car than a V6 Camaro...lol

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Why does M3 sounds like shit compering to M2 ? don't they both have the same engines

M3 and M4 use the S55 engine, M2 uses the N55 engine.(same as my m235i) Tho the new M2 CS model thats coming out is going to have an S55 implanted in it as well. Not sure if the regular M2 models will be switching as well or not... I love the noise the N55 makes, even stock.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info