Niche score of 2,363
5310d242c0c7e4c149c1d3d57e6c62e3.jpg

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/728781219/overview/

Stink Star

Don’t Drive Angry!
TCG Premium
Jan 20, 2008
Big wood cock

I can’t figure out why people buy these. They used to be cheap and reliable as their only attributes. But now they are hella expensive and just suck as a work van. Everybody knows how to break into them, the dash is 900 feet deep so you lose stuff on it. The seats are the same since 1992 and are made of cheap materials that instantly break and have barely any adjustment. The hinges on the outsides of the doors rust solid. And you can’t even stand in the rear without some kind of uncomfortable crouch going on. Seriously Chevy needs to make a sprinter or euro style work van.

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
I can’t figure out why people buy these. They used to be cheap and reliable as their only attributes. But now they are hella expensive and just suck as a work van. Everybody knows how to break into them, the dash is 900 feet deep so you lose stuff on it. The seats are the same since 1992 and are made of cheap materials that instantly break and have barely any adjustment. The hinges on the outsides of the doors rust solid. And you can’t even stand in the rear without some kind of uncomfortable crouch going on. Seriously Chevy needs to make a sprinter or euro style work van.

Primarily because of an "old guard" that just doesn't like those European style vans (I'm one of them, but I do understand the form follows function aspect), refusing to give them up, commensurately driving up prices of the lone vehicle that hasn't gone to that trend.

Kinda similar to how prices on Astro vans skyrocketed when GM announced that they were going to stop making them. People snatched them up and held on to them to sell at higher rates. Now that the Express van is the last of the breed, old style vans, people hoard them.

And for the record, thieves know how to break into ANY work van. It isn't just the Express vans.

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
TCG Premium
Feb 4, 2012
Nashotah, Wisconsin (AKA not Illinois)
a point I'll make is I'd rather park an Express in a garage than think about a sprinter in a parking garage.

Fuck there was a reason they hoarded Astro Vans. Fanboyism aside (guilty) they were versatile and the right moderation between full size and mini vans for people who actually hauled light cargo.

Jeffs FRC

TCG Elite Member
Aug 10, 2006
Lakemoor, IL

Agree totally! I've had those Chevy vans and the Econolines and our company now uses the long wheelbase Transit 350's with Ecoboosts. I'm not sure how GM sells any of those pos's???

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info