Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
No idea what supporting parts might be needed, sounds like none. Impressive.

Turn Your 2018 Honda Accord 2.0T Into a Civic Type R-Beater for $695 - Motor Trend

Using Hondata’s FlashPro device, the company claims gains of between 10-40 hp and has posted a dyno sheet of the Stage 1 tune that shows increases of about 10 hp and roughly 40 lb-ft. When Hondata put a factory Accord 2.0T on a dyno (see the video below), they recorded a baseline of 266 hp and 292 lb-ft to the wheels, well above Honda’s advertised power ratings. The estimated gains are based on those dyno numbers, so that puts the Stage 1 reflashed Accord at 276 hp and a healthy 332 lb-ft to the wheels using California’s 91 octane gas. That’s already more torque than the Civic Type R makes (306-hp and 295 lb-ft).

If Hondata was able to get 10 hp and 40 lb-ft from this tune, imagine the torque increase from the tune that gets you 40 hp. Well, we don’t have to imagine as Hondata posted a video of the dyno run with the Stage 2 tune showing peak torque of 375.8 lb-ft–a gain of about 80 lb-ft over Hondata’s baseline figure. Additionally, the Stage 2 reflash adds 50-55 hp in the middle of the power band, which is said to dramatically affect the driving experience.

https://youtu.be/AyDhJtapFXQ

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
The design is cleaner and more upscale inside and out, the mainstream engines are both turbocharged, and each can be had with your choice of a sporty six-speed manual transmission or a paddle-shifted automatic. And get this—not only is the bigger engine adapted from the hot-hatch boy-racer Civic Type R, but when paired with a spanking new ten-speed automatic the sedan’s also quicker to 60 mph than the Type R!

looks like you can

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Our 2.0T Touring model’s 5.7-second 0-60-mph time precisely matches that of our last V-6 Touring, which weighed 175 pounds more. That figure also happens to match the Chevy Malibu 2.0T Premier, besting the new Camry XSE V-6 (and Civic Type R) by a tenth. At the quarter-mile mark, the new car is a tenth behind its V-6 progenitor but is traveling 0.7 mph faster, and its braking and lateral grip figures are identical at 116 feet from 60 mph and 0.85g. A 0.3-second deficit in figure-eight time (at identical average g) probably has more to do with the different test surfaces than actual performance. As for fuel economy, preliminary figures peg the new car’s EPA city/highway figures at 23/34 mpg versus the V-6’s 21/33.

dang. what a solid ripper.

especially after a tune.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
615b963866f3e3ec3b9caa754b6af8ed.jpg

dangmang

Kensington

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 14, 2017
I'm really torn...I want a stick, but I want AWD. The Fusion Sport has the power, but is an auto (and I might as well keep the Flex at that point.) The Accord is wrong wheel drive, but has a stick, and rips. I want the new Mazda6 Turbo to come in stick, but it'll stay auto it sounds like. I could go WRX, but IDK.

I sort of want to wait until Ford comes out with their new chassis, and hope they come out with some RWD sedan option, although I don't think I should hold me breath for that...

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
I'm really torn...I want a stick, but I want AWD. The Fusion Sport has the power, but is an auto (and I might as well keep the Flex at that point.) The Accord is wrong wheel drive, but has a stick, and rips. I want the new Mazda6 Turbo to come in stick, but it'll stay auto it sounds like. I could go WRX, but IDK.

I sort of want to wait until Ford comes out with their new chassis, and hope they come out with some RWD sedan option, although I don't think I should hold me breath for that...

CPO 3 or 4 series

:iorun:

Kensington

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 14, 2017
CPO 3 or 4 series

:iorun:

I'm still scared of making the jump to German...

Although....one thing that I noticed at the auto show is VW is now offering 7/80K warranty on 2018 models. So that may throw a Golf R into the mix...or maybe a Golf Alltrack Wagon 6-speed. The Alltrack is definitely down on power, but the utility is there and a tuner may add some fun factor back in.

Kensington

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 14, 2017
I'm still scared of making the jump to German...

Although....one thing that I noticed at the auto show is VW is now offering 7/80K warranty on 2018 models. So that may throw a Golf R into the mix...or maybe a Golf Alltrack Wagon 6-speed. The Alltrack is definitely down on power, but the utility is there and a tuner may add some fun factor back in.

APR makes a stage 1 tuner for the 1.8T TSI that'll make 240/285 over the stock engine's 170/185. On a otherwise completely stock engine....Although that 7/80 warranty starts to get a little sketchy...:rofl:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info