Picked Up A New Air Compressor

SleeperLS

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 19, 2008
West of the Mississippi
I have been wanting a smaller air compressor for the garage that would work for tire inflation duty, and blowing stuff off/out. I don't have the need for a large compressor at this time, but still wanted something quality that will last. I was wanting something with a lower noise level but the more silent units in my price range seemed to have QC issues.

I present the Makita mac700 big bore 2.0hp 2.6 gallon oiled compressor. I got a 50' Goodyear hose to go with it. The fittings I have aren't the best and leak at the male/female connections at times, so I will have to find a better quality fitting at some point.

Overall I am very pleased with this unit. Works great for tire inflation and seems to be quality and solid. Noise level isn't really that bad, so that is a plus. So far I would highly recommend this product to anyone that is looking for something similar. On to the pictures.

IMG_6110.JPG
IMG_6111.JPG
IMG_6112.JPG
IMG_6113.JPG
IMG_6114.JPG

SleeperLS

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 19, 2008
West of the Mississippi
Sweet compressor. What's even sweeter is where you live. I see green grass and trees.

I knew very little about New Mexico until I visited here a few times and finally moved out here. The more mountainous areas of the state are a hidden gem. Tough to find weather any better and we still get all the seasons.

SleeperLS

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 19, 2008
West of the Mississippi
[MENTION=60]greasy[/MENTION] good shit man. I switched out all the couplers with Milton stuff and everything works flawless with zero leaks.

I use this compressor quite a bit around the garage and it does everything I need it to. I mounted a couple of new tires on my x3's beadlock wheels and the compressor had no issue keeping up with the demands.

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
[MENTION=60]greasy[/MENTION] good shit man. I switched out all the couplers with Milton stuff and everything works flawless with zero leaks.

I use this compressor quite a bit around the garage and it does everything I need it to. I mounted a couple of new tires on my x3's beadlock wheels and the compressor had no issue keeping up with the demands.

I told you! I would not steer you wrong, glad it worked out man.

mrgreystone

Feb 22, 2019
Hi all, new to the forum. I'm looking for for a new air compressor, mainly to power impact wrenches and ratches. But it has to run off of 110 volts because I don't have 220 in the garage and my breaker box in the house is all tapped out. Yes, I realize I could spend more money and find a way to get 220 to the garage. But that's not going to happen.
I've explored the SCFM ranges of all the compressors in the 20 to 30 gallon range (Dewalt, Porter Cable, etc), and many have great ratings and are advertised as being able to run an impact. But I'm worried that rating is only for lug nuts and other easy stuff. I'd like something that will buzz off an axle nut or even a crack pulley if necessary.
Another limitation is price. I'd love to spend no more than $600, so try to keep that in mind when making suggestions.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info