Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Is it the holy grail that [MENTION=396]Mike K[/MENTION] believes?

Tesla Model 3 Test Drive, Review - First Drive With the New Tesla Model 3

The Model 3 proves that Tesla is thinking far beyond the edges of the Model S and X. Stepping out of the 3, you realize that, as far as the S and X pushed the envelope, they were always meant as intermediaries, stepping stones designed to draw people away from comfortable convention and into the future of the automobile. Previous Teslas defined themselves by the standard paradigms: Sports car, luxury sedan, flashy crossover.

The Model 3 is Tesla at its most unabashed. It’s an automaker finally willing to abandon the skeuomorphism of a false radiator grille, the tradition of a driver-oriented gauge panel. It’s as daring today as the Volkswagen Beetle was in the days after World War II, as dedicated to unconventional solutions as old-days Saab.

It’ll take years to find out whether Tesla can make the electric car ubiquitous. The Model 3 is the right car for the task—but accomplishing this feat will require building them in the hundreds of thousands, at a level of quality the newcomer automaker has yet to master.

If Tesla can hack it, Von Holzhausen’s dream may yet come true. People will look at a Tesla and they won’t wonder what propels it—because, if the plan works, electric cars will be the new norm.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Me typing that post

QxxKPZi.gif

blakbearddelite

I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
In context, I understood what it meant, I just had no idea that was even a word. I agree, it looks weird just having that area filled in. They really need to do something more aesthetic than just filling it in with panel. I don't have any ideas, but something to make it look less boring.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info