Busy Bee Car wash is closed

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
Looks like they are rebuilding the entire thing. I hope the they aren't getting rid of the DIY bays. I hate the touchless washes. I was looking to spray the salt off the car.

The only other one I know if is in Bloomingdale now, and thats a trip, but I might be willing to make that trip for Lunch on Monday.

http://www.busybeecarwash.com

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
Is this the one in Schaumburg? Website isn't working

Yeah, it was working when I posted. :(

When I drove by they didn't say anything about re-opening, and the place is totally leveled, not even a brick left.

Website said they will re-open.

I haven't been there in a while, because even the archive back from October says they were closed.

Home

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
You cant find a DIY car wash near you? I can think of 4 just in Elgin.

There's really nothing by me thats actually worth the trip.

There are a few that take coins and are in terrible shape. Like a bunch of Jeeps just got done mudding and washed it all off there. Wouldn't take my car anywhere near that water.

muskie

TCG Elite Member
May 26, 2011
Palatine
I was looking to go there to other night and saw the message on their website.

I looked up the dude that create the site as I'm guessing he was the owner. Looks like hes been in and out of court for bankrupcy hearings most of last year.

I'd be surprised if it came back although not much else would really go there as thats a pain in the ass to get to. Shitty location for a store or gas station.

I loved Busybee. Hopefully they will be back, but not holding my breath.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill

boostedguy05

not well known
TCG Premium
Dec 18, 2010
I found another good one on Irving Park Rd in Schaumburg. It's the one with the orange VW Bettle sticking out of it. Super nice touchless system, they take CC's and is large enough for a full size truck. They also have the blowers when you leave the touchless washes.

over by wise?

There is one by wallmart on barrington rd.
https://www.google.com/maps/place/S...2d101a86c2ef6c!8m2!3d42.0002683!4d-88.1223303

the one behind wallmart closed.

and i think the one from the OP is moving to the old McDonalds spot just a block away. but i could be wrong.

radioguy6

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2008
Schaumburg
Real Name
Greg
Busy Bee is rebuilding from the ground up in the same location, but its not clear if they are rebuilding the DIY wash bays. Looks like they are adding a tunnel. I follow Schaumburg's FB page and they posted this back in October.

Busy Bee Car Wash, located at 706 W. Golf Road, will be demolishing the existing building and constructing a new building of approximately 4,900 square feet. The new car wash will include a tunnel system, which will allow customers to pay at the gated pay stations and remain in the vehicle while the car sits on the conveyor belt within the tunnel. The gated pay stations will control the flow of traffic into the tunnel. There will be 16 vacuum spaces proposed, including one accessible space for those with disabilities. Use of vacuums will be free of charge.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info