Could anyone run a Carfax for me? Also, MKX Opinions welcome:

GLIGTO

Coyote Nut Swinger
Jun 3, 2012
Desantis-Land
Looking at trading in the wife's Passat for something that doesn't suck. Any help is greatly appreciated on the carfax issue.

Looking at used 2011 - 2013 Ford Edge or Lincoln MKX. They seem to be similarly priced and it's the right size for what we want. I really like the idea of the 3.7L in the MKX, though, same "Cyclone" V6 that's used in the 11-on Mustang V6 and the Ford Explorer Police Interceptor.
300ish hp vs the Edge only has the 3.5L Duratec with 265hp. Anyone have any insight on these things? Seems like you get a lot for the money.

GTPpower

TCG Elite Member
Jun 5, 2012
Nebraska
We have a 14 edge with the 3.5. It's been a good vehicle for the most part. Mpg is decent. Power isn't bad in the upper Rpms. I'd love to have the ecoboost version though for more low end torque. Plus, they run low 13's with a tune.

The awd is nice too. We had some snow here and I had a lot of fun playing in it once traction control was turned off.

The ptu is leaking out the vent though. I had it in the dealer once and they cleaned the vent and topped off the fluid. That worked for awhile. But it started leaking again about a month ago, so they just ordered a new ptu and will install it once it comes in. It's all warranty work at this point.

Dave M

TCG Elite Member
Aug 28, 2015
Gurnee
Real Name
Morefield
I just got rid of my MKT in November, and like others have said, the PTU system is shit, I had mine replaced under warranty as well. I drove a 3.7 MKT which is a little bigger than the MKX, and it was a pig compared to the 3.5EB I ended up getting. Also keep in mind that resale on anything Lincoln is the suck, so plan on keeping it for a while if you end up going that route.

GLIGTO

Coyote Nut Swinger
Jun 3, 2012
Desantis-Land
Yeah my wife is the opposite of me in regards to switching cars. She prefers to keep a car till the wheels fall off, except for this Passat. Long story short were both quite tired of it. The replacement, though, we intend to keep til 150-200k miles. I'd buy the hell out of a newer Edge Sport with the 2.7TT EcoBoost if I could swing it. A close friend of mine has one and it flies for what it is. I do fear the Ptu units but as of yet my AWD Fusion hadn't had an issue with it *knock on wood*

Chet Donnelly

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 19, 2004
They're solid cars, other than the PTU system, but that seems to be hit or miss. We haven't had any issues in my MKS or my wife's Explorer with the PTU's.

We had an Edge before our Explorer and we loved it. The MKX is a better used buy than the Edge since you get more for the money due the infamous Lincoln depreciation.

You can always do Ford's premium care warranty, and not have to worry about the PTU either. I did it on my MKS.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info