Take a ride down the dragstrip with the Ford GT

dun4791

gypsy is a whore!
Mar 2, 2004
What ain't no country I ever heard of
And Ford is laughing all the way to the bank. Plus owners likely will make money of the vehicle in the long term. Go price a previous gen Ford GT. Pretty nice appreciation!

I'm glad Ford is laughing all the way to the bank.

I also stated the FGT was about the only investment car out there in another thread days ago. So I'm already aware.

500k, lol

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
Let's hope the new GT500 has a 700+hp 5.2L ecoboost engine. And the following year the Ford GT gets the same motor. Making the current Ford GT the 2010 GT of Mustangs. Where people had no idea an extra 100hp was a model year away. haha I think an extra 100-150hp in the Ford GT would put it on the level with more exotic supercars. Especially at that price point.

I would love to see if a V8 even fits in the Ford GT. Or does it not even have room for one.

Ei

SHARKBITEATTACK

Enthusiast
Jun 15, 2008
Bartlett
Let's hope the new GT500 has a 700+hp 5.2L ecoboost engine. And the following year the Ford GT gets the same motor. Making the current Ford GT the 2010 GT of Mustangs. Where people had no idea an extra 100hp was a model year away. haha I think an extra 100-150hp in the Ford GT would put it on the level with more exotic supercars. Especially at that price point.

I would love to see if a V8 even fits in the Ford GT. Or does it not even have room for one.

Ei

Hopefully once the Mid engine corvette comes out ford will step up their game and put a “proper engine” in their supercar.

I forget what was the exact reason for the V6 in the first place? Something about a displacement regulation for the racing version?

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville
500k, lol

I'm not sure why you're laughing at the price. This is a new dedicated platform that was literally built and engineered for the track to win Lemans, which it did. Ford is arguably the only American manufacturer that could pull this off at that price. The victory in the 1960's against Ferrari is a story that every gearhead knows.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info