What did I find downtown?

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
Looks like some kind of 4500/5500 Silverado mule?

8384119f8e9649ce4ccc37acfff665e9.jpg

cbb5582e36114ce79db5281f067d2f70.jpg

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
Nstar is grasping at straws

Maybe I'm off base, but from reading the article that was posted, it looks like it will be Navistar chassis and configurations, and then basically GM engine/trans/cab.

I actually kind of appreciate that they made the nose look distinctly different

The out-going Terrastar had one of those "MAXXFORCE" engines. International has been producing garbage engines for the past like 15 years it seems like, not sure how they are still in business.

2016-international-terrastar-LG_2.jpg

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
have you seen the lawsuits they just paid out?like $30 million dollars to a fleet out of IL that had a few dozen MF powered trucks...

Yea, they are going to get smoked if that one sticks, there have been a LOT of fleets trying/wanting to sue, and if one STICKS, they are all going to go after them.

friend of mine who was a territorial service manager for Nstar of South America had sent me pictures of their training facility yeaaars ago and it was full of Red engines...

What does "Red Engine" mean?

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
While the attorneys for the plaintiffs charged that none of this information was disclosed to customers, Jack Allen, the former chief operating officer and president of truck operations, testified for Navistar that in his opinion it was “normal business practice” for companies to not disclose to customers in advance of a sale about known defects in the products or to disclose to customers that they were buying a product that had not been fully validated or tested by the manufacturer.

“The jury seemed shocked to hear this testimony about the corporate culture and philosophy of Navistar from one of the company’s top executives,” said Clay Miller of the Dallas law firm Miller Weisbrod, lead trial attorney for Milan, referring to Allen's testimony. Miller said he believed this played a key factor in the punitive award.

including testimony about the engine program by former executive Jim Hebe that the company "did not test s**t".

Hoooooooly crap :bowrofl:

RICH17

Dr. Pussy Slayer, MD
TCG Premium
Nov 14, 2008
The 007
Real Name
Adam Rich
Maybe I'm off base, but from reading the article that was posted, it looks like it will be Navistar chassis and configurations, and then basically GM engine/trans/cab.

I actually kind of appreciate that they made the nose look distinctly different

The out-going Terrastar had one of those "MAXXFORCE" engines. International has been producing garbage engines for the past like 15 years it seems like, not sure how they are still in business.

2016-international-terrastar-LG_2.jpg
Terrastar has the 6.4L powerjoke motor basically. that engine and the 6.0 psd killed the relationship we had with Ford.

there's been talk for some time now that we're going to use the GM 6.0 gasoline engine soon. Basically cause fuel is cheap and people have started to realize that diesel isn't worth the repair costs. Also, couple the gasser with a 6+ speed transmission and you have the torque multiplication you need to get a heavy load moving.

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
yea well look at takata......how about firestone..

Happens all the time. Navistar has taken a hit for sure but look at every plow and school bus in Illinois.....Navistar covers about 80 percent of the market in this state.

My job is safe for ever :rofl:

I was gonna say, every school bus now is Navistar's IC bus line. They effectively damn near put Blue Bird out to pasture. BB used to be the top dog.

RICH17

Dr. Pussy Slayer, MD
TCG Premium
Nov 14, 2008
The 007
Real Name
Adam Rich
Hoooooooly crap :bowrofl:

I was gonna say, every school bus now is Navistar's IC bus line. They effectively damn near put Blue Bird out to pasture. BB used to be the top dog.

We still see some. The flat nose front ends were Cummins ISB and were reliable for the most part. Problem was working on them. Pain in the ass to get to anything

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info