The Want... It's Strong... Chrysler content inside

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
I've been looking to buy a fun car to rent out on Turo and the Tesla is in the shop for the next month getting fixed from a fender bender. As we're probably all aware, the rollout of the Alfa Guilia has been less than um, ideal.

Alfa Romeo Is Its Own Worst Enemy

Yet Another Giulia Breaks Down During A Test Evaluation - Is The Car Going To Fail Before It Gets Out Of the Gate? - AutoSpies Auto News

All this despite the fact that when they run, the press absolutely adores the car, even the 280hp Ti. Nonetheless, Alfa faces an uphill battle. They are a relatively unheard of brand in the US and those that have heard of them associate them with poor reliability, a stereotype they're doing little to challenge.

All of that conspires to create some pretty great deals. For instance, here's a not at all base model Guilia Ti with an MSRP of $41,590 for just $34,000. :rofl:

https://www.ocfiat.com/inventory/New-2017-Alfa_Romeo-Giulia-Ti-ZARFAECN8H7537221/

Want to lease? It's even better... $299 a month for a 2 year lease with... wait for it... NOTHING down except for first month's payment. WTFBBQSAUCE.

I'm having a really hard time not leasing one like tomorrow, driving it for the month I'm without the Tesla and then tossing it up on Turo to *hopefully* pay for itself over the remainder of the lease, all while being available for me to flog at will.

Should I? :noes::noes::noes::noes:

Chet Donnelly

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 19, 2004
Says who...?
I'd never own one but the gf put 100k on her stupid little 2011 Galant with zero issues until she got back into a Toyota Tundra this year.

Every single person I've known that has owned a Mitsubishi has had an insane amount of problems with them. Also JD Power and Consumer reports consistently give them poor quality rankings.

I think they were actually Consumer Reports 2016's most unreliable car manufacturer.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info