Dont see this everyday...1100whp 3000GT street pulls

NOMIEZVR4

TCG Elite Member
May 6, 2014
Chicago
I highly doubt that

I have a 600whp vr4 myself. My cousin has a 1200hp supra. I have seen costs firsthand on both. What are you basing your opinion on? Parts are not cheap for the mkiv platform. Used 6 speed transmissions fetch upwards of 7k

I'm not implying that its better than the 2j or mkiv platform, just talking about prices here.

I bought my turbos, manifolds, IC/piping, lines and intake/filters for 1700 shipped, to give you an idea. you get buy a 1k hp capable shortblock from pampena motorsports for 3500. 6 speed trans in good condition for 1500.

the cars themselves go for 6-7k in good condition. For a 150k MKIV you're looking at 30k for starters.

Intel

TCG Elite Member
Oct 28, 2009
Palatine
Meanwhile us 300zx's are lucky to hit 1000hp. Buddies just dynoed at like 850hp. People are coming out of the woodwork though and they are making a crank girdle for the stock block as I guess they tend to come apart above 900hp with the stock crank.

BEDPLATE%20ON%20BLOCK%20DRIVER%20FRONT.jpg

I would just be happy with 450-550hp at this point with my Z and for it to run consistently. I was shooting for 700-800 when I started this whole mess so everything is overbuilt on the car.

NOMIEZVR4

TCG Elite Member
May 6, 2014
Chicago
Meanwhile us 300zx's are lucky to hit 1000hp. Buddies just dynoed at like 850hp. People are coming out of the woodwork though and they are making a crank girdle for the stock block as I guess they tend to come apart above 900hp with the stock crank.

BEDPLATE%20ON%20BLOCK%20DRIVER%20FRONT.jpg

I would just be happy with 450-550hp at this point with my Z and for it to run consistently. I was shooting for 700-800 when I started this whole mess so everything is overbuilt on the car.

That's surprising to hear...but also nice to see a billet girdle being offered. I would have thought the vg30 would be a bit more stout.

Same here. I think the sweet spot for 3000GT's is 5-600hp. anything more and they become money pits.

Intel

TCG Elite Member
Oct 28, 2009
Palatine
That's surprising to hear...but also nice to see a billet girdle being offered. I would have thought the vg30 would be a bit more stout.

Same here. I think the sweet spot for 3000GT's is 5-600hp. anything more and they become money pits.

People have run them up in that hp range for a long time. But not nearly as many as Supras etc. You can't fit a big single turbo on these cars that easily and doing dual T25 turbos to hit that number and fit between the slightly modified with a sledgehammer frame rails isn't cheap either.

I think the engine block had a lot of coreshift throughout production so people have to pick and choose the right block to have thick enough cylinder walls to bore it out to 90mm and have enough meat left etc.

Somebody just finally came out with an intake for it that added 50 hp on a 500 hp car
newintake.jpg

The bigger issues that are starting to be solved is lack of flow through the heads etc. I wouldn't be suprised if a set of CNC heads comes out in the next 2-3 years. I just find it crazy people are still putting money into a 27 year old platform but all the better for me.

NOMIEZVR4

TCG Elite Member
May 6, 2014
Chicago
People have run them up in that hp range for a long time. But not nearly as many as Supras etc. You can't fit a big single turbo on these cars that easily and doing dual T25 turbos to hit that number and fit between the slightly modified with a sledgehammer frame rails isn't cheap either.

I think the engine block had a lot of coreshift throughout production so people have to pick and choose the right block to have thick enough cylinder walls to bore it out to 90mm and have enough meat left etc.

Somebody just finally came out with an intake for it that added 50 hp on a 500 hp car
newintake.jpg

The bigger issues that are starting to be solved is lack of flow through the heads etc. I wouldn't be suprised if a set of CNC heads comes out in the next 2-3 years. I just find it crazy people are still putting money into a 27 year old platform but all the better for me.

Can you link me to details on that intake manifold and its results? Perhaps a thread or something? I frequent 300zxclub.com

Were still stuck on long runner intake plenums like the factory design:rolleyes:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info