Thinking of doing a clutch on my C6 - how to choose?

utryd2

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 3, 2009
North Aurora
By far best clutch is a ram twin disc. It has excellent street manors and handles 900 ft lbs. Had it in my car from 440, 660, 735 and 986rwhp. Worked like a champ and no issues until I passed 900 ft lbs. Currently have a spec super twin and it holds but it's an on off switch. Wish ram made a stronger clutch to handle my power level and I'd switch back in a min.

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel
they were too busy consulting the person who built there car to get the right answer :rofl:
aP0qrIP.gif

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
TCG Premium
Nov 20, 2008
NWI
I always thought the simplest answer was "do LS7 clutch with Tick adjustable master cylinder" with their "long line" clutch line since you're going to have the trans out anyway.

based on all the reading Ive been doing on this shit, it seems the LS7, aka the LuX clutch kit(on amazon). is good for right about 500 hp, but expect about ~25k out of it if you do any track use. I bought it cause there was an LS7 clutch behind my motor prior and it held up fine for its use and I was being a cheap fuck since Im at the bottom of the barrel thanks to swap. So OP might want to look into something stronger since he plans upgrades...

I hate to push outside sponsors, but seriously give RPM transmissions a call. Unless someone here knows someone more local thats well versed.... But with the PITA it is with a vette, I'd rather do it once and be done

utryd2

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 3, 2009
North Aurora
http://www.carparts.com/details/RAM...4JvfhTdKchxrSX3pMbBoCcGwQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

http://www.hinsonsupercars.com/p-13...hl9NCSMWzW0ZUTZR3gRsCrf-1FUvOfzhoCDkUQAvD_BwE

http://www.carpartsdiscount.com/aut...orvette.html?3593=602759&3671=1002&r=2&gclid=

www.gmpartscenter.net/oem-parts/gm-...XKlTGzJ6lJsPCmtT3NNv7dQ3aNax4owSzFLvYZff82EHB

Everything you need except an alignment tool. I have one if you need it.
-Clutch with billet flywheel that will not need to be upgraded when you add more power but drives like stock.
-remote bleeder
-slave
-pilot bearing since you're in there.

You want an adjustable master up to you and you can do it later if you decide without removing most of the car lol.

Knowklew

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 5, 2014
Thanks guys. Several options to choose from. Since it sounds like its a PITA to do the job, i will research all of the above. I have been reluctant to go with a twin disc as i have heard they lose drivability. Since I have a big ass cam i dont want to give away any addiitonal street manners.

The Tick Performance LS7 Complete Clutch & Hydraulic Upgrade Package For 2005-2013 Corvette & Z06 looks like a good combo for just under 1200 bucks and includes everything.

lefty

Addict
Aug 23, 2015
Thanks guys. Several options to choose from. Since it sounds like its a PITA to do the job, i will research all of the above. I have been reluctant to go with a twin disc as i have heard they lose drivability. Since I have a big ass cam i dont want to give away any addiitonal street manners.

The Tick Performance LS7 Complete Clutch & Hydraulic Upgrade Package For 2005-2013 Corvette & Z06 looks like a good combo for just under 1200 bucks and includes everything.

Why would you put in a clutch you are at the limit of, especially considering you are talking about adding more power? Some of that kit you can piece together from ebay and rockauto and do you really need an adjustable master? As long as you measure properly for the shims I don't see the point. Save that money for a better clutch or a Lightweight flywheel, but if you have a big ass cam you might want to keep the stock one and get it resurfaced. I have a Mcleod RST twin disk with a Aluminum flyheel and the pedal effort is lighter than stock In my TA, but it did take a little while to get used to loosing the rotating mass, but it does rev quicker.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info