Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
You know...I post about these kinds of times all the time and I enjoy it as much as the next guy but its starting to get less and less impressive seeing all these new cars dip into the 9s. Theyre all 10 second cars from the factory mostly these days and to knock off a second on an already 600+ hp car...its just not impressive anymore....its even LESS impressive when these cars are making 1000hp and just going 9s.

I dunno, I miss the old days of 11 and 10 second cars, back when that was exciting. Everything runs 9s now, hell even the Golf R is running 9.5s (tho its not exactly a "thing").

I'm getting old.

Intel

TCG Elite Member
Oct 28, 2009
Palatine
You know...I post about these kinds of times all the time and I enjoy it as much as the next guy but its starting to get less and less impressive seeing all these new cars dip into the 9s. Theyre all 10 second cars from the factory mostly these days and to knock off a second on an already 600+ hp car...its just not impressive anymore....its even LESS impressive when these cars are making 1000hp and just going 9s.

I dunno, I miss the old days of 11 and 10 second cars, back when that was exciting. Everything runs 9s now, hell even the Golf R is running 9.5s (tho its not exactly a "thing").

I'm getting old.

Start tracking your car and forget about quarter mile times :jg:

Smokinhot

3-man rules!!!!
Jul 4, 2007
Lansing, IL
Real Name
IM me if you wanna know more ;)
I'm losing interest in the hobby in general, to be honest.
This is why when I mods I don't go all out. Little here little there. Keeps the thrill going. Also that why I never became a professional Automotive Technician. You work on shit for a living you lose interest.

It's impressive that cars are as fast as they are, but I agree it's taking the fun out of modding to get them there.

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
Nowheresville North Dakota
10s dont impress? solution easy make it run 9s

9s dont impress? solution is easy make it ru 8s

:roflpicard:

Im kidding and yea i get where [MENTION=5]Mook[/MENTION]s coming from its takes less and less work to run 9s anymore. Its the new normal.

Sort of like a mega buck promod running 220s plus at the track sure its badass but with the kind of money invested id expect the setup to be nailed down to a science.

Lets see someone thats not in a mustang or camaro or using an "off the shelf" turbo kit run single digits.

Something that can make it happen for a fraction of the cost thats not cookie cutter plug and play. Something that requires some actual fab/work to make it happen then youll get my attention.

Hell id be more interested in seeing something like coyote stock sealed crate races than some big budget promods. But again cookie cutter.

95SC

4 cams
TCG Sponsor
Sep 10, 2006
TN
Come on you guys acting like bunch of old fools . I love my car and enjoy it every chance I get . it's plenty fast for the street and I have so much fun taking the car to 1/4 mile track, 1/2 mile events and road racing.My cars isn't crazy fast but I still win ~90% of 1/4 mile , 1/2 mile and street races . I was loosing interested and wanted to sell it every time my car wasn't running right and had issues, working on the car more then drive it .That was the biggest issue with my previous cars .. I've been there and done that I'll take a 600whp car over 1000whp garage queen car that is good in 1/4 mile racing and it sees few hundred miles a year only . I really like this platform , such of capable platform in pretty much most racing categories

Blood on Blood

rumble baby rumble
Apr 6, 2005
I'm losing interest in the hobby in general, to be honest.

Sorry to hear this. Sign on a quick new vehicle, then slapping on bolt ons has unfortunately watered down the taste for the hobby for some.

I still prefer and am impressed with the route of late night wrenching, smell of burnt oil/tires/race fuel, and taking a slow fox body, Fbody, classic or others of the past and building it into something to be proud of. Doesn't have to be pretty, but does have to be rowdy.

All 3 of my young daughters love racing as we regularly frequent Route 66, Sycamore, Gundy County and even car shows. The smell in the air and rumbling sounds when arriving at the track gets the heart pumping.

Maybe picking up something inexpensive / simple to turn a wrench and make progress on is all you need. Keep it simple and fun.

HellPIG

TCG Elite Member
Sep 13, 2012
Mount Prospect
I wanted a sedan with some balls. The thing I really enjoy is that it acts like a regular sedan when just cruising, but if you want to drive past someone in traffic, it is easy to do and sounds good too. If you want to drop the hammer to go, it's a completely different experience.

I'm done with the big cam, shaky car, rough idle. I would love to have something like that on the side, but maybe down the road.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info