Junk car options?

Pewter-Camaro

TCG Elite Member
May 28, 2011
South of Wisconsin.
My GF's 98 Honda Civic is on its last leg and riddled with too many issues now so its time to go. It currently runs and drives... but has no brakes as it has a brake line rusted through and is sitting in my garage. She can't find the title and I can't have this car sitting in the garage. Any other option than calling Victory Auto to take it away and get $100 for it?

RICH17

Dr. Pussy Slayer, MD
TCG Premium
Nov 14, 2008
The 007
Real Name
Adam Rich
I'd find the title. applying for another one is a PITA tho. I remember losing my title for my first Lumina. Went and did all the paperwork at the dmv and waited. Never showed but I ended up finding the original one anyways :rofl:

This was also ten+ years ago

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
My GF's 98 Honda Civic is on its last leg and riddled with too many issues now so its time to go. It currently runs and drives... but has no brakes as it has a brake line rusted through and is sitting in my garage. She can't find the title and I can't have this car sitting in the garage. Any other option than calling Victory Auto to take it away and get $100 for it?
With no title, they wont give you anything.
I did this about a year ago with a 84 Regal, and I think Victory couldnt take it without a title. One of the junk yards in Elgin was only place that would take it for me.

Maybe try a scrap yard, not sure if they take cars with no titles.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL

Scrappers actually won't take it without titles now-a-days, There's been a big influx of people doing title loans; and then trying to scrap cars when they break down.

Shoot me a PM, I'd quite possibly buy it and deal with the title issues.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info