Let's talk about the Mercedes G Wagon

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
Why do they all sound like shit? Discuss.

Exhibit 1:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=No4Anp4-NSQ

These are all over out here and their sound is as distinguishable as the old Nissan VQ engines because they sound like shit. They sound like old pickup trucks with stock cams and glass packs. They sound like they have an engine miss. They sound like garbage at idle and part throttle. Did I mention they sound like shit?

Feel free to disagree with me but you're wrong.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
[MENTION=4700]Miss Esa[/MENTION] want's one something fierce; and I'd love to buy one as well.

Unfortunately even a early 00's model is still in the $30,000 range, they hold value well and are vastly more reliable than their BMW or Land Rover status symbol counterparts that depreciate like a lead balloon.

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
I think they're cool and if I had that kind of money to throw at a car, I wouldn't call it a waste.

But if you had that kind of money to throw at a car wouldn't there be a ton of much better vehicles for the money? Specifically: Anything that's not a G wagon.

I feel like all of the AMG benz vehicles sound like that. A distinct note of weird

Maybe. I guess I only notice it on the G Wagons because they put a decently loud exhaust on them from the factory.

I'd be ok spending $122,000+ on another SUV. The G is simply not my style.

This.

A 500+hp SUV that seats 7 and runs 13's seems kinda cool to me :dunno:

Well if this was 2005 and that was the ONLY metric we were looking at then yeah, maybe I guess.

I've always liked the G wagons. :dunno: I would just never pay what they command. Sounds like my dad's stock 5.3 in his Silverado. :rofl:

You know what we can talk about that actually sounds like shit? The EcoBoost and 3800s.

Yes and double yes.

You know what really sounds like shit? Teslas.

Troll level: Eleventy billion.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info