BMW Indy Shops near Chicago

bimmer4life

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Feb 18, 2008
Wheaton, Illinois
I have a 08 535xi with 80K miles and am considering mods and wanted to know where is a quality shop experienced with modding N54's?

Thanks

I took my 2008 535XI wagon to : They did all the bolt ons possible and some meth. They fly in a tuner every 2 weeks that handles N54 tuning as well.

P&L Motorsports
4.3 (32) · Auto Repair Shop
4900 Lincoln Ave · (847) 678-4311
Open until 6:00 PM

rowekmr

Addict
Jan 8, 2012
Chicago
Thanks just got off the phone with them. The lady who answered was really nice and took down my info and what I wanted and was going to get back to me with suggestions.

WHat mods did you do to yours and which ones you thought had the biggest impact?
I took my 2008 535XI wagon to : They did all the bolt ons possible and some meth. They fly in a tuner every 2 weeks that handles N54 tuning as well.

P&L Motorsports
4.3 (32) · Auto Repair Shop
4900 Lincoln Ave · (847) 678-4311
Open until 6:00 PM

bimmer4life

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Feb 18, 2008
Wheaton, Illinois
Thanks just got off the phone with them. The lady who answered was really nice and took down my info and what I wanted and was going to get back to me with suggestions.

WHat mods did you do to yours and which ones you thought had the biggest impact?

I pretty much went FULL boltons. Only really other thing I could have done was upgrade the turbos. They did all the below work.

Maintenance Items ,ECS re-manufactured OEM front and rear turbos,Rear Main Seal,Oil Pan gasket,Valve cover gaskets,walnut blasting intake valves,Oil pipe O-ring,New Flex Plate,Bosch OEM plugs

Upgraded Items , VRSF Intercooler(7 inch),VRSF downpipe,Aquamist Kit(METH),TIAL Q Blow Off Valve,COBB Accessport V3

rowekmr

Addict
Jan 8, 2012
Chicago
Wow that's exactly what I wanted done with regards to mods. I originally just wanted the tune, intake, and charge pipe but I got waste gate rattle and low efficiency code for cats so I figured down pipes are cheaper than cats and I gotta get the turbos done (upgraded) because that rattle is downright embarrassing sometimes "Hey that's a nice car but what is that sound?" lol

How much would you say your power improved? Any track times, dyno #'s?

Thanks
Oh and did the intercooler and downpipe require clearancing or did they just bolt in?

I pretty much went FULL boltons. Only really other thing I could have done was upgrade the turbos. They did all the below work.

Maintenance Items ,ECS re-manufactured OEM front and rear turbos,Rear Main Seal,Oil Pan gasket,Valve cover gaskets,walnut blasting intake valves,Oil pipe O-ring,New Flex Plate,Bosch OEM plugs

Upgraded Items , VRSF Intercooler(7 inch),VRSF downpipe,Aquamist Kit(METH),TIAL Q Blow Off Valve,COBB Accessport V3

bimmer4life

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Feb 18, 2008
Wheaton, Illinois
Wow that's exactly what I wanted done with regards to mods. I originally just wanted the tune, intake, and charge pipe but I got waste gate rattle and low efficiency code for cats so I figured down pipes are cheaper than cats and I gotta get the turbos done (upgraded) because that rattle is downright embarrassing sometimes "Hey that's a nice car but what is that sound?" lol

How much would you say your power improved? Any track times, dyno #'s?

Thanks
Oh and did the intercooler and downpipe require clearancing or did they just bolt in?

My car had 138k on the clock. So those were maintenance items that needed to be done. The intercooler and downpipe fit with minor modifications. Was not a direct bolt-on. But they had no issues making them work.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info