Body Shop recommendation

Grabber

Oh Hai
Dec 11, 2007
Wheeling, IL
Hey guys,

As the title states, I'm looking for a GOOD body shop in the NW burbs if possible for my wife's car. We were rear ended on Sunday and this is actually the 3rd time we've been rear ended in her car, thanks to people following too closely.

So, in the past, we've used Stasek Chevy's body shop, which, the first time around, her car was two-tone after they were done. The rear was much darker than the rest of the car. 2nd time around, it was a bit better, but, they still couldn't blend it right.

Definitely not going back, so, I need to find a really good reputable shop that can work with the insurance we are filing under (State farm) and can actually blend the paint on my wife's Chevy volt properly this time since it needs to be fixed.

I know Cliff's is a sponsor here, but, I have no clue of the work they do, their turnaround time since this is a DD, etc.

The color of her car is Crystal red tintcoat FWIW.

Thank you
Chris

boostedguy05

not well known
TCG Premium
Dec 18, 2010
Turnaround time should make 0 difference. as you should get a rental for the time the car is in the shop. i would take it to the closest shop that your insurance recommends.

I’ve been to cars collision and , Gerber in Schaumburg. both did OKAY work. some dust under the clear. they said as long as I owned the car it had lifetime warranty on it. if it became an issue then they would fix it, but obviously wanted to leave it. it was a small spot on an panel gap. i let it be. this was a Gerber.

I had Feeny Elgin do the journey, and they did not tighten down the alignment bolts after doing an alignment and i got a block away and the steering wheel turned itself 45* off center. but the rest of the repair was great!

so no matter where you go there will be ups and downs. find the place that is most convenient for you and stress to them up front that you will be ANAL about how the paint matches when you pick it up. that may net you the best results.

Grabber

Oh Hai
Dec 11, 2007
Wheeling, IL
So, just to clarify. The driver that hit us has State Farm. We already called and filed a claim under his insurance. We have farmers and won't be filing under us. So the rental will be paid by his insurance.

Turnaround matters as we don't want to be in a spot where his insurance only covers 2-3 days of rental and the shop takes longer. However, I do care more about the paint work.

I'll check out those shops and see what they say. Thanks for the feedback.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info