Awesome Roadkill episode about the Rotsun

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
The Rotson never fails to fail. That track's decibel limits are :rofl: IT'S A RACE TRACK.
Actually they are really low. I had to look it up, but its just 90db. Thats pretty low all things considered.

Road America is 103db, and Autobahn is 105db.

Stupid people moving next to a race track then complaining about the noise. Thats one of the reasons Meadowdale raceway was shut down.

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Actually they are really low. I had to look it up, but its just 90db. Thats pretty low all things considered.

Road America is 103db, and Autobahn is 105db.

Stupid people moving next to a race track then complaining about the noise. Thats one of the reasons Meadowdale raceway was shut down.
Exactly. However I don’t think it’s measured at the track surface, is it? Thought the microphone was on like the tower/pit roof or something like that. So not even measured at like 12” from the exhaust itself.

Imagine pulling 103 or 105db at 50’ or 100’ feet away.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
Exactly. However I don’t think it’s measured at the track surface, is it? Thought the microphone was on like the tower/pit roof or something like that. So not even measured at like 12” from the exhaust itself.

Imagine pulling 103 or 105db at 50’ or 100’ feet away.
RA Measures it at the fly-bridge. So the guys running cup cars put the exhaust on the left. :)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info