Tire Service - Formerly KO Tire - Elk Grove Village

blakbearddelite

I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
I took my new tires and wheels to Tire Service (formerly KO Tire) for mounting and balancing. I had a great experience with them, really I guess just the one guy now, Lee.

He inspected the wheels with me watching before the mounting and balancing process, just to make sure there weren’t any issues and/or scratches . That is great for both parties since both parties know the condition of the wheel beforehand. I was going to ask him to look first so that he knew any damage to the wheel after the process would have been done by him. Once he was done, he gave me a call to come check them out and make sure I was satisfied. Everything looks great and I was happy.

I highly recommend this shop as I’ve had work done there before and was also pleased. I know a lot of guys don’t like to take chances with some of the chain shops that won’t give that little extra attention. I've been burned by two separate shops that had damaged my wheel while mounting new tires.

Here is a link to the shop’s Yelp page for anyone interested:

https://www.yelp.com/biz/tire-service-elk-grove-village

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
I took my new tires and wheels to Tire Service (formerly KO Tire) for mounting and balancing. I had a great experience with them, really I guess just the one guy now, Lee.

He inspected the wheel with me watching before the mounting and balancing process, just to make sure there weren’t any issues and/or scratches . That is great for both parties since both parties know the condition of the wheel beforehand. I was going to ask him to look first so that he knew any damage to the wheel after the process would have been done by him. Once he was done, he gave me a call to come check them out and make sure I was satisfied. Everything looks great and I was happy.

I highly recommend this shop as I’ve had work done there before and was also pleased. I know a lot of guys don’t like to take chances with some of the chain shops that won’t give that little extra attention. I've been burned by two separate shops that had damaged my wheel while mounting new tires.

Here is a link to the shop’s Yelp page for anyone interested:

https://www.yelp.com/biz/tire-service-elk-grove-village

I haven't needed to visit them since before they redid the shop. But when they were KO Tire I never had a bad thing to say about them.

Do they still have that picture of the Porsche 959 on Tonne rd back from the 90's up?

blakbearddelite

I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
I didn't really look around too much. I spent most of my time either looking at the wheels or chatting with Lee. There was a big ass set of tires laying on the shop floor, looked like they belonged to some 1,500hp monster with a tubbed out wheel well.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
Thanks to "stupid asshole" who made me choose a curb over a human, I had to get two Rims tires for the RS.

Glad to say that Lee is just as good if not better than it was as KO tire. He got everything take care of and even put the old Rims on the balancer for me so we could check to see if they could be saved. 1 could be, the other is toast. Not sure if I'll have the savable rim refinished or simply scuff it up and paint it matte black so I can mount a cheap all season tire to keep around as a spare tire.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• blakbearddelite
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list