2017 f150 3.5 ecoboost 10-speed

Jokerzl

Forum Sponsor
TCG Sponsor
May 15, 2012
Ashkum
Just put a down payment on the new ecoboost truck. Need a truck for occasional trailer hauling aka V hauling. The raptor can handle it but it's just to bulky and spongy for towing. The tow load was 10200 xlt vs the 6000 raptor. Gas mileage doubles itself. Range also increases. The daily reliability and economics of it make it affordable. Been dumping 500-1000 in gas in the raptor and it just made sense. Raptor should be a toy or weekend fun toy especially with the V in the garage now.

What's your guys experience with the new ecoboost and 10 speed if any.

New 2017 Ford F150 in Louisburg, KS 66053 - 447779723 - Autotrader

Jokerzl

Forum Sponsor
TCG Sponsor
May 15, 2012
Ashkum
I think [MENTION=8029]BeerOrGasoline[/MENTION] may have the new 10 speed EcoBoost and I know he drives a shit ton and has done some upgrades to it. Also know [MENTION=5498]PJx5x[/MENTION] and [MENTION=5363]Blinkstang[/MENTION] have the 3.5 EcoBoost F-150s

This is the gen 2 ecoboost 3.5 didn't know they had parts and tunes for it. This is getting dangerous for the old Wallet.

Jokerzl

Forum Sponsor
TCG Sponsor
May 15, 2012
Ashkum
Link says it's a 6speed auto?

Edit:under details it says 10 speed. Sharp truck

That's the big issue with looking for one. I had to find one through a dealer to get it shipped to my local dealer.

I ended up with a different truck then posted. It's the same build as pictures just has a lot more options.

$47,000 out the door in Iroquois county. I got everything a lariat has besides leather. I love leather for damn sure but not for $5000 more. I'll wait for a wrecked truck and go grab some seats. Also because no leather no cooling option.

tinosc281

TCG Elite Member
Jun 25, 2005
That's the big issue with looking for one. I had to find one through a dealer to get it shipped to my local dealer.

I ended up with a different truck then posted. It's the same build as pictures just has a lot more options.

$47,000 out the door in Iroquois county. I got everything a lariat has besides leather. I love leather for damn sure but not for $5000 more. I'll wait for a wrecked truck and go grab some seats. Also because no leather no cooling option.

clazzio make leather seat covers for the f150.no need to remove existing cloth.i have a 2016 f150 3.5 ecoboost supercrew cab.just got it a few months ago.fit and finish on these aluminum trucks not the greatest.paint very thin and chips very easily.light truck compared to my 2012 ram 1500 that i traded in.ram felt solid and more stable on the highway.the truck that i got has the sports package with the 7000 lbs gross weight.tow package lot's of gadgets .

P40E

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2012
Guy at work has the 3.5 but not the 10 speed . He did a tune , with an sct tuner I think , and he says there is a noticeable difference says burnouts are no problem now .

I believe they make tunes for trans too , but not sure for the 10 speed .

Jokerzl

Forum Sponsor
TCG Sponsor
May 15, 2012
Ashkum
i need to do what you do for work man. You're a beast!

After last year I didn't make all that much. Yes I can play but I have to do it for business within reason. Raptor selling is what makes this truck possible. I don't live high on the hog. My toys my trucks and cars are my business I buy good deals promote a business with them and move on.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info