Chop Top Challenge

DanJ

>
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 25, 2007
Aurora
So I'm out doing some errands earlier and come up to a red light next to this gem. Chevy Aveo with the roof and windshield sawzalled off, huge wing, no rear glass, Georgia plates, and 2 guys inside with motorcycle helmets on.

9a87b450ab5bfc5b7c22e3b422cd909b.jpg

After looking up the hash tags, apparently there is a road rally where you chop the roof off a car and drive Chicago to Vegas that starts tomorrow.

CHOP THAT TOP OFF

The 2017 Chop Top Challenge is a road rally where teams compete to get the most points while traveling from Chicago to Las Vegas in a car that they chopped the top off of. It will take place from March 31 to April 3, 2017.

History:
Back in 2005, my brother Luke bought an ’89 Honda CRX that he called The 600, because that is how much he bought it for. At some point, he sold it to me and I loved it for a few years and then sold it to my good friend Nick. When Nick told me that it broke down and he was going to tow it to the junkyard, I convinced him that he should let us have it instead. I had always wanted a CRX convertible, so we chopped the top off it. It had a windshield for a while, until 28 people got on top of it at West Michigan Honda Meet and smashed the crap out of the windshield. It made more sense to chop that off too rather than replace the windshield, so that’s what we did.

My bro and I always talked about doing a proper road trip in the Chop Top. Since we are both teachers, Spring Break seemed like the best time to do it. Miami made the most sense due to its warm climate, love of exotic vehicles, and epic parties. Last April, we embarked on this journey. It was the coldest drive we’ve ever been on. At least until we got to Atlanta. Then it was awesome.

We share that experience last April with ten teams of idiots willing to compete in this rally we set up. It was a humbling experience. We now want to share that experience with you. For $99, you and your friends can compete in the now-annual Chop Top Challenge. On Friday March 31 teams will meet in Chicago to begin the road rally.

The prize:
The teams that complete the Challenge will meet in Vegas on Monday afternoon for an awards party with a cash prize going to the overall winnner. The cash prize will be the total of all the entry fees minus expenses. This could be $10,000 or maybe $81 (or 5000 pesos).

This would probably be a lot of fun, but I can't help but think about how shitty a 1500 mile drive would be with a wet interior.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info