Looking to buy Durango R/T AWD

Looking to get a Dodge Durango R/T AWD. New ones spec'd out with my options are around 44k(49k msrp). I've been looking at getting a used one(2014-2016) but either they are asking too much, or doesn't fit the bill. I must have the 2nd row bench and also sunroof. Everything else is bonus. I have 3 questions..

1. I'm looking at the 14's or newer because they come with the 8spd trans. Anyone own an older(11-13) with the 6spd trans then upgrade to the newer one? What are you're thoughts?

2. Anyone selling their R/T?

3. What do people think of the red interior?

Dan00Hawk

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 10, 2011
Plainfield
I like the white with red interior. Very unique!

The only one my company has in the United States that fits your listed requirements (year, AWD, Sunroof, bench, R/T) is in Maryland, but can be transported to the Chicago area for a fee of about $450.

It is a 2014 one owner, no listed accidents, black on black with 22k for $33,899. We feature a free 5 day return policy, 30 day free warranty (5 year extended warranty is optional), and no haggle price policy (some like that, some don't).

Your nearest Carmax facility can request a walkaround that allows you to ask questions about the vehicle (example: any odors? any paint blemishes? remaining tire tread depth?), and there is no obligation to buy the vehicle if it shows up and you don't like it (the transfer fee is non-refundable, however, as that is used to pay a transport company).

Here is the link with photos and details including Autocheck history report:

https://www.carmax.com/car/14168275

Grabber

Oh Hai
Dec 11, 2007
Wheeling, IL
The 8 speeds are nice. The 15+ models have the rotary shifted vs the previous standard shifter.

Napletons dodge in AH has a good selection of new and used R/T's usually in stock.

The red is cool, but, be wary that the dye used bleeds a bit. The black with red stitching is pretty awesome and goes well with just about any color.

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Get as new as possible to get as much warranty as possible, because FCA. And the 8-speed. It feels like there's an extra 50 hp with the 8-speed. That 6-speed struggled pulling the 5,000-plus pounds of the Durango.

I like the white with red interior. Very unique!

The only one my company has in the United States that fits your listed requirements (year, AWD, Sunroof, bench, R/T) is in Maryland, but can be transported to the Chicago area for a fee of about $450.

It is a 2014 one owner, no listed accidents, black on black with 22k for $33,899. We feature a free 5 day return policy, 30 day free warranty (5 year extended warranty is optional), and no haggle price policy (some like that, some don't).

Your nearest Carmax facility can request a walkaround that allows you to ask questions about the vehicle (example: any odors? any paint blemishes? remaining tire tread depth?), and there is no obligation to buy the vehicle if it shows up and you don't like it (the transfer fee is non-refundable, however, as that is used to pay a transport company).

Here is the link with photos and details including Autocheck history report:

https://www.carmax.com/car/14168275

I saw that one online. Wickstrom has a 15 white with 26k miles for about the same price. Almost pulled the trigger. Waiting to see what incentive come up in April for new

The red interior on white R/T is growing on me [emoji848]
44b79d3669b9b99af68d93be5db071ed.jpg

Grabber

Oh Hai
Dec 11, 2007
Wheeling, IL
^Definitely a cool color combo. White was my first choice and when I saw it in person next to Billet, I changed my mind quickly. Especially since two of the models of a White Durango, the orange peel was fairly noticeable compared to the other colors.

What options are you looking for? Loaded, they get upwards of 50K. Cheapest you can probably find a fully loaded one is about 45-47K plus TTL, etc.

^Definitely a cool color combo. White was my first choice and when I saw it in person next to Billet, I changed my mind quickly. Especially since two of the models of a White Durango, the orange peel was fairly noticeable compared to the other colors.

What options are you looking for? Loaded, they get upwards of 50K. Cheapest you can probably find a fully loaded one is about 45-47K plus TTL, etc.

I like the Billet silver a lot. I'd go black interior with silver. They have a vice tri coat white something, haven't seen it in person yet. The ones thing I like about plain white is easier to match paint color. Ex, if I want the RAM air hood I'll need to paint it

Grabber

Oh Hai
Dec 11, 2007
Wheeling, IL
I like the Billet silver a lot. I'd go black interior with silver. They have a vice tri coat white something, haven't seen it in person yet. The ones thing I like about plain white is easier to match paint color. Ex, if I want the RAM air hood I'll need to paint it

I hear you on that. Paint matching is tricky.

Lot of good colors on the Durango. Not too big of a fan of the red paint, but, it's OK when done right with accented wheels, etc.

Grabber

Oh Hai
Dec 11, 2007
Wheeling, IL
And it needs to be lowered, for some reason it looks to be sitting higher than normal.

I'm not a fan of the stripes and it does look higher. I do like the style of the wheels was more my point

The SXT's & Citadel's sit higher.

The R/T's are definitely lower than both models.

Just an example of mine.

not a fan of the stripes, either.

Are you set on r/t or would you consider citadel?
We're considering a Durango for the next family ride and I want the hemi, but also want a roof rack and side step bars.

I'm 99% set on R/T. Like the sportier look and suspension.

On the 2017 R/T's you can order roof rack!! It is one of the main reasons I'm probably going new vs used. It's the "Cargo Plus Group" for $395.

Here is one outfitted exactly the way I want and you can see the roof rack. Look at the "window sticker"
New 2017 Dodge Durango R/T For Sale in Tracy CA | 1C4SDJCT7HC789573

I don't want sidesteps, however, I'm sure there is an aftermarket solution??

Grabber

Oh Hai
Dec 11, 2007
Wheeling, IL
^^^ What he said.

R/T is sportier, has a throatier exhaust, slightly better throttle response, better handling and the 17's have roof racks and running boards available.

The best pair on the market is made by Romik IIRC. Expect to pay over $500 for a good flush mount set. Well worth as they are made very well.

Something I plan on doing since my wife is only 5' tall and she has a hard time getting in/out.

Gav'sPurpleZ

If you fail to plan, you're planning to fail
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
Mar 3, 2008
Pingree Grove IL
It's 50/50 on what the dealer says (some say it's not worth it), but if you buy new, i can get you a friends/ family discount code

yeah, I mentioned this to a dealer where my dad was looking at a new Durango and the lady said their online price was lower than the F&F discount.

I had some doubt but the truck was in IN and my dad wasn't thrilled with it.

As for the OP,
My dad has a 2013 R/T, he prefers the "actual" shifter over the dial shifter in the current trucks.
He hasn't had any issues with it. He doesn't tow anything so the "feel" of the power is sufficient.

I don't care for the red interior :rofl:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info