Looking for a shop for some work, any suggestions?

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
Well, I just filed my taxes and the return will be enough to finish buying the parts to complete the IRS so I emailed Hans at Deans Performance, and hope to hear back from him with his familiarity of the Termi Cobra setups, but want to be able to have a backup plan if I don't hear back from him or if he's not interested in doing it.

I'm going to need someone to replace all the bushings in the IRS with either ones from MM or FTBR, then install the IRS into the foxbody chassis. I originally thought I'd do it myself but I really just don't have the space in my tiny garage to get everything done. There's some fabricating needed to get the IRS bracket mounted and a little work on the brake lines, but other than that the install is pretty straight forward.

On top of the IRS install I'd like to have the MM tubular K-member installed, and I'm thinking best done at a shop so they can verify it's square with measurements... so that along with the front suspension parts, would need to be installed.

The car is basically a roller right now so I'd have to rent a trailer or maybe just have it towed so I don't want to get too far away (I'm in Streamwood) but am not opposed to it if it's a shop that people here agree will set this up right.

I don't know if I'd need to find a legit chassis shop or just someone good with a welder or what?

Any suggestions besides Deans?

Mr. SBF

Keeping it Real with Ford Power!!!
May 12, 2015
Kenosha County
tumblr_npntnijAYS1r2aobgo7_400_zps9fujya4b.gif~c200
:io:

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
I honestly just don't have the room in my garage, it's a really small single car garage that's tight enough just parking in let alone getting the car up on stands and making sure everything's squared up and all that stuff....

We'll see what they say for prices, if it's totally crazy I may look into it, but if they can do it for a decent rate and I know it'll be nicely done it would be worth it....

keitho64

Regular
Jan 18, 2017
SW Burbs
I'm interested in this thread as well. My son bought an IRS for his 2001 Bullitt and we will be installing it soon. He has all the MM bushings and we will do the swap ourselves. We will be looking for a good shop that has experience with alignments on this setup.

I believe the install in the 2001 will be easier than your setup. The 2001 should be a bolt in. When he bought the setup he got the exhaust, rotors, calipers, springs, driveshaft, MM toe bars and most bushings. He bought Koni adjustable shocks/struts to install at the same time. IMG_6672.JPG

I love the early cobras and teal is my favorite color. That will be a great setup when done.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info