Who here has made their own plug wires ?!?!?

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
So I was thinking about getting a set of wires custom made, but am thinking now about possibly just putting together my own set. The problem is that there's no pre-made set for my new combo, and I'm not even sure the lengths I would use in a custom application until I have the headers and everything bolted onto the heads.

I don't think they would be THAT hard, but hoping someone here has a little more experience with it and if it's a total pain in the ass....

GLADIATOR

aka STROKE-KING
TCG Premium
Mar 29, 2004
New Lenox IL
I have made 6 sets with the MSD universal kit. All you need is a good vice and some patience. Before you start cutting figure out what separators or wire guides you will be using. I like to number them. This was my last set on Pinky...
engine3_zpsf29ebde7.jpg

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
I have made 6 sets with the MSD universal kit. All you need is a good vice and some patience. Before you start cutting figure out what separators or wire guides you will be using. I like to number them. This was my last set on Pinky...
engine3_zpsf29ebde7.jpg

No separators or wire guides... Straight from the coil on the valve cover to the plug itself.

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
Check out Firecore50. They make custom wires. Their stuff is really nice quality and customer service is awesome.

That's who I was looking at, but thought it might be easier to make my own set at least first, and then they could use them as a template down the road...

Maybe I'll mock toss on the headers and get measurements instead though?

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
Well I feel I know this build from the bored thread. And your hatred towards richs best friend aka the streamwood bum

I always say the same thing. I think Ive met two or three people from here in real life but feel like I know the vast majority of people now....

I've been saving for the damn transmission for the car, but think I may just bust out a 0% credit card and say screw it....

That or hope the "World Class" T5 can live a year behind the new motor.

BigJohnson

TCG Elite Member
Jan 11, 2013
I always say the same thing. I think Ive met two or three people from here in real life but feel like I know the vast majority of people now....

I've been saving for the damn transmission for the car, but think I may just bust out a 0% credit card and say screw it....

That or hope the "World Class" T5 can live a year behind the new motor.

Get it driving with the t5 while saving for the t56. If it breaks you have more motivation to get the new trans because it's drivable

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info