Cam came in

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
:bigok: My cam, custom length pushrods, comp cams 26986 valve springs, and c omp cams retainers came in today.

Here are the specs on the grind:
Duration @.050 INT:231 EXH:234
Duration @.006 INT:281 EXH:283
LSA: 111
Lobe Center INT:110 EXH:112
Lobe Lift INT:379 EXH:352
Lift @ 1.6:1 INT:606 EXH:563

I still need to figure out who/where thefuck to get it put in.

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
vipermike2002 said:
camed grand am, never heard of such a thing.
There are only a handful in the country even. I know of about 7. Im going to have a decent sleeper once this is put in. Its not going to be anywhere near as fast as some of your guys cars, but still quick enough to surprise quite a few v8 cars. Ive got some spray too so look out. :naughty:

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
About 220whp with the cam and around 300whp on spray with any luck. Mid 13s would make me happy. I just hope the transmission holds up. Not many have totally blown up, but they start slipping like a bitch. Right now when I spray Ive gotta have the line pressure just about maxed to get it to shift.

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Pretty unique package you got there. :bigthumb:

I've always liked the way those GM 60-degree V-6s sound. I used to have a 3.1-liter in a 96 Grand Prix coupe and with a catback and open cone intake and it sounded pretty mean ... didn't move that fast, but sounded good.

Be sure to post some vids when the cam goes in, I'd like to hear, as I'm sure others would, too.

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
Id get the trans built up first IMO.

Blowing a trans is not like blowing a motor. If you blow a motor your car is clearly screwed, if you blow a trans you just kinda feel stuipd. Atleast I did.

And yea, Cammed Grand Am. Thats a first by me!

Nice!

Im not that worried about the trans for now. Thats probably going to be a project for next year. Since May, Ive only put on about 3500 miles. I dont beat on it too much and Im not going to be using nitrous all of the time either so it shouldnt be a big problem keepig it alive till the spring.

LeddZepp8687

TCG Elite Member
Sep 1, 2007
Warrenville, IL
silvergtjrad said:
Id get the trans built up first IMO.

Blowing a trans is not like blowing a motor. If you blow a motor your car is clearly screwed, if you blow a trans you just kinda feel stuipd. Atleast I did.

And yea, Cammed Grand Am. Thats a first by me!

Nice!

Im not that worried about the trans for now. Thats probably going to be a project for next year. Since May, Ive only put on about 3500 miles. I dont beat on it too much and Im not going to be using nitrous all of the time either so it shouldnt be a big problem keepig it alive till the spring.

yea and seeing as snow is right around the corner I cant see any WOT Nitrous runs working out too well in the snow.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info