So anyone got any automotive plans for 2017?

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
New setups? New car altogether? Change of hobby from drag to road racing?

GTI will remain stock this year for me. Plan on doing tints and some different rimz. I'm enjoying the power the car has right now and how trouble free it is, so I'm staying away from flashing, or anything that will get me into trouble.

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
FI for my mustang just so torn on what route to take

Want to do the 15inch on the rears oil pump gears forsure
and flex fuel to run e85.

Bang for the buck prolly paxton smaller brake conversion 15s and e85 will be a good start.

Mid 10s conservatively?

lots of dudes going fast on 17-20" rims lately im sticking with my 18's and et street ss tires

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
I've got to catch up on some maintenance stuff and put new meat on my front wheels for summer. Other than that, drive it. Depending on job and living situation i may get rid of it and into a car better for commuting, that i can let get beat up parked on the street in Chicago and hauling boat stuff.

BMW is about to crack 120k miles, id like to get out of it by 150k and avoid when the major major repairs show up

So many projects...

I bought a new house and that's a project on it's own.

For the car scene, the GT500 needs a new rear end and an exhaust. Apparently making 150+ passes in a summer is a bad thing for a Mustang rear end. :dunno: That'll probably happen this summer. I also bought a Foxbody and a 2016 Coyote motor. I'm targeting to be done with that car in 2018, so it should realistically be done in 2025 if I really push it...

LikeABauce302

TCG Elite Member
Aug 27, 2013
South suburbs
Real Name
Matt
I'm hoping to actually drive and enjoy my car's. Last year I drove the Boss just enough to set the emissions monitors to ready after I replaced the battery. My fox body is kinda finished for now, so I'm aiming for 10.80s this upcoming season and would like to at least run true street at NMRA in Joliet.

Otherwise I keep looking at aftermarket blocks. I may finally pull the trigger on a 9.5 deck block and start slowly building a 400+ cu in SBF for the fox.

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK
Get my car on the road finally. It's getting close but so many little things to button up.

Otherwise just get out on the trail with the cucv. I've got a few more mods for it in the garage but don't want to rob my wife's parking spot till it's consistently warm out again

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info